Indian head massage!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisaajaneep

Reaction score
okay so im now doing home treatments and have offered indian head massage just because im qualified in it but i havnt done one in a year and we were trained using indian head massage stools however i only own a portable couch...

anyone have any routines and any recommendations what i should do?

we trained on hairdressing chairs as they were higher than normal. But as long as the client is seated, a normal chair will do. You just have to keep an eye on your posture xx

I do Indian head on a bed with the client sitting upright or in an arm chair with a low back x

I just refuse to do Indian Head Massage. I don't feel that the clients getting any benefits from it, I much prefer to do a back, neck and shoulder massage and a scalp massage!

Leanne
X

I guess it depends on if you believe in the theories behind indian head massages... :)
I have had good ones (definitely had benefits!) and bad ones... as far from relaxing as you can get! Personally I think they do work but each to their own :)

I do agree it is each to their own, I am someone that likes a hands on massage and don't really feel the benefits from an indian head and i dont enjoy doing them, id much rather do a hands on or a stone massage!

Leanne
X

You can do them on a bed, we were trained to do it in a chair and on a bed, there might be vids on YouTube showing how to do it x

I beginning to sound like a broken record LOL but I think one of the problems is the advent of these one day courses in massage. Done well it can be effective but far too many courses do not cover more than just a basic routine. One day is simply not enough. There is no underpinning knowledge, no understanding of what you are trying to achieve and how to achieve it. While nice, too often it's not effective.

I do a lot of corporate work and IHM does not compare to the acupressure chair massage. 95% of people want chair massage, the remaining go for reflexology and handful give IHM a try, but most tend go back to the chair massage.

Back to the original question, I prefer to use a low back chair rather than a stool as it provides some support for the lower back although one of the advantages is that a suitable chair can usually be found in most workplaces/homes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back