Infills trouble

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlelor

Reaction score
hi everyone i passed my foundation nail tech course in acrylic a few months ago only done a few friends and family lost intrest as i was having a few problems with infills tried line out but they never look as god as when first done:cry: i know practice makes perfect but would like to get more confident before i start doing this as a job not just freebys for family .I just purchased some nsi gel had a go found gel very easy to work with only done my own nails.I need tips on infills as i am getting very stressed out ,and has anyone used cuccio t3 uv gel is it any good.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to Salon Geek :hug:

As Geeg says, perfect practice makes perfect.

In the meantime, we have some very interesting Tutorials on this site, and they may just offer you the assistance and guidance you're looking for.

I am posting the link to make it easier:

Nail Finishing and Maintenance - Salon Geek

Don't forget to give us Geek Guides a shout if you're having trouble navigating your way around the site.

mmm, Usually when you finish a course thats the trouble. You never get to see your work returning.

What I did when I first started out was offer your full set clients a complimentary buff and polish in a week.

That way you can see whats going right or wrong.

If youve pinpointed that you believe it could be your mistake, contact a mentor and nip it in the bud.

Theres nothing more motivating than seeing your work come back in 3 weeks and they are flawless. ( thats when you can get stuck into the good stuff and enjoy it)

hi everyone i passed my foundation nail tech course in acrylic a few months ago only done a few friends and family lost intrest as i was having a few problems with infills tried line out but they never look as god as when first done:cry: i know practice makes perfect but would like to get more confident before i start doing this as a job not just freebys for family .I just purchased some nsi gel had a go found gel very easy to work with only done my own nails.I need tips on infills as i am getting very stressed out ,and has anyone used cuccio t3 uv gel is it any good.

Hi there - i know where your coming from! i got trained 5 months ago in acrylics and n the course they explain infills but there wasnt a model to show you how. I watched a few youtube videos and searched tips but nothing is as good as experience. Are all family and friends letting you do infills? Tell them its only free if they let you do the infills :p!

Practise until it does look as good - Do one and if doesnt look as good, see why - did you not file enough etc?

I also do my own nails -so i done my first even infills on myself and god if i was a client i would have wanted a refund!! Anyway friends are great guinea pigs so practise on them and after a few goes you will be fine and ur confidence will be up :)

another option is to go to a salon, and get ur nails done there and get infills after - but pricey and time consuming but u can watch their technique and pick up tips! or if you have a friend who does nails, get them to do ur infills showing u step by step what to do :D

When blending in old product you should only file in one direction, from the centre outwards, to avoid chasing the product down the nail. Position your file just short of the edge of the old product in zone 3 when doing this. Just lightly nip off any lifted product with an old cuticle nippers before filing if need be. Line out, if you want to use it, will help with any shadowing after you have completed the above.

If you access Nail Angel, you can view a demo on maintenance!

Practice, practice, practice!

When blending in old product you should only file in one direction, from the centre outwards, to avoid chasing the product down the nail. Position your file just short of the edge of the old product in zone 3 when doing this. Just lightly nip off any lifted product with an old cuticle nippers before filing if need be. Line out, if you want to use it, will help with any shadowing after you have completed the above.

If you access Nail Angel, you can view a demo on maintenance!

Practice, practice, practice!
thanks for the tips i wil have a look on nail angel and watch the demo thanks again

Hi there - i know where your coming from! i got trained 5 months ago in acrylics and n the course they explain infills but there wasnt a model to show you how. I watched a few youtube videos and searched tips but nothing is as good as experience. Are all family and friends letting you do infills? Tell them its only free if they let you do the infills :p!

Practise until it does look as good - Do one and if doesnt look as good, see why - did you not file enough etc?

I also do my own nails -so i done my first even infills on myself and god if i was a client i would have wanted a refund!! Anyway friends are great guinea pigs so practise on them and after a few goes you will be fine and ur confidence will be up :)

another option is to go to a salon, and get ur nails done there and get infills after - but pricey and time consuming but u can watch their technique and pick up tips! or if you have a friend who does nails, get them to do ur infills showing u step by step what to do :D
when i done my nail course i was shown once and i done one infill on a practice hand i have done infills on my own nails they were ok but i took ages when i have done my childrens infills they never have time and they are always rushing me and i get flustrated when it doesnt go right

Using the tutorials on here are fantastic and I've also become a huge fan of Holly's blog (Holly is a CND EA and a mine of info!)

Chasing the (Fill) Line

Latest posts

Back