Infils on coloured acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larnie

Reaction score
Ok, I am sure this will sound like a really silly question, but I used black acrylic to do a set of nails two weeks ago, then yesterday I did the infils. I found it really hard to do as couldnt tell properly if there was any lifting because it was black, of course when you use pink you can tell straight away.

How do you deal with this?

Thanks

I think any lifting would have become apparent when you filled on top of it.

A more knowledgeable geek may correct me

It would become apparent depending on what product your filing, maybe, I don't know..

If it were me, I would not be filling it.. I would soak them off, I don't know of a way to tell if the lifted area is completely off.. You could risk Greenies and never know it because they are under black enhancements. But we'll have to see what other people think too!

Try this... The next time you want to do the entire nail enhancement in a solid color, first apply a thin layer of clear or pink, that way you can file the side walls and zone 3 to pin point any lifting for your rebalance..

Good luck!!

It would become apparent depending on what product maybe..

In all honesty, if it were me, I would not be filling it.. I would soak them off, I don't know of a way to tell if the lifted area is completely off.. You could risk Greenies and never know it because they are under black enhancements. But we'll have to see what other people think

Try this... The next time you want to do the entire nail enhancement in a solid color, first apply a thin layer of clear or pink, that way you can file the side walls and zone 3 to pin point any lifting for your rebalance..

Good luck!!

What about the gel geeks who offer this service on what seems to be a more regular basis ?

I'm sure they don't soak off fortnightly otherwise the client would be better of with enamel and coloured gels are all the rage atm :D

What about the gel geeks who offer this service on what seems to be a more regular basis ?

I'm sure they don't soak off fortnightly otherwise the client would be better of with enamel and coloured gels are all the rage atm :D

True, true... Although I would feel more comfortable with gels or at least the gel I have worked with. If there was any lifted area, it would just crumble off, if I put a file to it.. I wouldn't be too worried if you are just doing a gel polish. If they have a set of Uv Gels just make sure they have that thin layer of clear gel before puting on the color.. But the gel I use has just gel polish, its not used to make a full nail, top to bottom ya know.. So I'm not really sure how other Gel systems work as far as color goes.. :wink2:

But I always have something clear under my color even if I have a full set of a black french.. I will first put a thin layer of clear for the tip first.. That way when they deside to change the color, I can remove all that black.:D
It takes away from a lot of future pains!!

So I'm not really sure how other Gel systems work as far as color goes..

We'll have to wait for a gel geek :D

But I always have something clear under my color even if I have a full set of a black french.. I will first put a thin layer of clear for the tip first.. That way when they deside to change the color, I can remove all that black.
It takes away from a lot of future pains

Top tip :hug:

We'll have to wait for a gel geek :D

I am quite curious about that now, colored gel for the entire enhancement, I don't know!!

But I always have something clear under my color even if I have a full set of a black french.. I will first put a thin layer of clear for the tip first.. That way when they deside to change the color, I can remove all that black.:D
It takes away from a lot of future pains!!

Thats excellent idea - why didnt I think of that, if they want to go from Dark to light I always take them off - simple idea but brilliant.

Thats excellent idea - why didnt I think of that, if they want to go from Dark to light I always take them off - simple idea but brilliant.

Yay!! I'm glad I could help!! Your life will be much easier now!! :wink2:

Hi, being a soak off gel user and not a L&P user not too sure how it would be for you with black l&p. I do know Calgel is easy to spot lift on coloured enhancements and LCN buff off gel too although a bit trickier. Putting clear first sounds like the best way. I do not always use clear gel before coloured gel not unless I think the gel will stain the natural nail. HTH's

Interesting to see what other comments you get especially from L&P users who have years of experience. Would also be nice to see your black nails in a pic on here.. its always nice to see different stuff to p&W!

Latest posts

Back