Ink London delivery question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lydiax1

Reaction score
Hi! Im going to purchase the Ink London starter kit either today or tomorrow, does anybody know if the delivery needs to be signed for?? As i’ll be in work and cant find any info online. Also, ive seen a couPle of TheGel Bottle polishes id like has anyone cured that with the Ink lamp? Or shall I just not bother as I know it isnt really best practice, only I cant find a lamp by TGB online x

Hi! Im going to purchase the Ink London starter kit either today or tomorrow, does anybody know if the delivery needs to be signed for?? As i’ll be in work and cant find any info online. Also, ive seen a couPle of TheGel Bottle polishes id like has anyone cured that with the Ink lamp? Or shall I just not bother as I know it isnt really best practice, only I cant find a lamp by TGB online x
Yes, I think you do have to sign for INK deliveries.

I use TGB BIAB under INK's iLac (as an overlay) and I have INK 's lamp (as you say, TGB don't have one at the moment) and I cure it for 60 seconds. It APPEARS cured, but if you read the thread about lamps, there's no way of knowing if it is properly cured I think it's a bit odd that TGB have gone so long without their own lamp to be honest (they used to have one but it was always out of stock). I've never tried their gel polishes as I'm more than happy with iLac (and I still have quite a lot of Cuccio left as well). Hth x

Thank you! What do you thhink of he ink polishes? I didnt realise the prices online were before tax so the kit is more expensive than i thought, still want to try them though just wondering what professionals prefer brand wise? So hard starting out isnt it I just can’t decide! X

Thank you! What do you thhink of he ink polishes? I didnt realise the prices online were before tax so the kit is more expensive than i thought, still want to try them though just wondering what professionals prefer brand wise? So hard starting out isnt it I just can’t decide! X
INK are actually very reasonably priced for a professional brand and I love their products. I started out years ago using Gelish and obviously they are a very good, well known brand but I did struggle to afford buying many colours when I didn't have many clients. I then did some extra training with Cuccio and started using their products exclusively and again, they're good but I found popular colours were often out of stock and I always needed 3 coats for good coverage. I'd heard lots of good things about INK and TGB so started doing my own research and decided to go for INK as they have a big range of colours, 15ml bottles, very reasonably priced and they have a fantastic Facebook group that the INK educators regularly contribute to. TGB in my opinion still have a few teething troubles, although I do love their BIAB! X

I just googled lamp I didn’t see the table bit ‍♀️ I did think it didn’t look right but I’m not a nail technician, strange that they used to do a lamp but not anymore. Xx

I just googled lamp I didn’t see the table bit ‍♀️ I did think it didn’t look right but I’m not a nail technician, strange that they used to do a lamp but not anymore. Xx
Thank you anyway :) xx

Oo thank you! Im so worried about spending £200 + and just not making it back! I know its worth buying the good stuff I just worry I will get myself in trouble money wise. Nothing is simple is it ha ha x

Oo thank you! Im so worried about spending £200 + and just not making it back! I know its worth buying the good stuff I just worry I will get myself in trouble money wise. Nothing is simple is it ha ha x
As starter kits go it's well priced, especially as you get the lamp and you definitely save money buying it as a kit rather than separately. I'd really love to say you'll make the money back quickly, but in honesty it really does take time to build up a regular client base. I kept my part time time job for quite a long time before taking the plunge and I'm still not covering my old salary yet because in the beginning there's such a lot to buy. BUT, I'm so much happier working for myself and love that I just have to walk down the garden to work and not get stuck in rush hour traffic anymore!

If you're worried about the outlay, why not delay it for a bit and put some money aside each month so it's not such a lot in one go? X

yeah it does seem a good buy! I work mon-fri full time so initially want it as a weekend thing really start off with friends, family, friends of friends etc. A part of me thinks ai should bite the bullet and just order! Then another part of me worries about the money . I suppose it does take a lot of time, i have literally been going round in circles over it ever since I did my course lol x

I
yeah it does seem a good buy! I work mon-fri full time so initially want it as a weekend thing really start off with friends, family, friends of friends etc. A part of me thinks ai should bite the bullet and just order! Then another part of me worries about the money . I suppose it does take a lot of time, i have literally been going round in circles over it ever since I did my course lol x
I remember feeling the same! In fact I still do as there's always more stuff I want to buy! X

Latest posts

Back