Insurance -does Shellac certificate covers all brands?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cremeegg86

Reaction score
Hi All,

Hope you're well and this isn't a frequently asked question as I did a search for it and didn't see the same thing.

I have a CND Shellac Qualification. I am enrolled to train in Nail Harmony L and P next month and have recently gotten really interested in the range of colours available in Gelish and IBD.

I rang up this afternoon to ABT to become insured for Shellac and happened to ask the lady if I wanted to offer other brands in the future (I named in Gelish and IBD) would I need to attend each brands gel training. She told me NO that with my shellac cert I can use any brand I like.

Now I'm confused. I was specifically told by CND that Shellac is NOT a gel course, so how can I be trained in these brands then?

If this is not true, can you tell me if there is a general course I should attend or how I can be covered to use any gel polish that I fancy?

Sorry for the length of this question! Thanks so much in advance for your insight xxx

Gel and gel polish are two different things. Gel polish refers to the polish style gels such as Shellac, Gellish, Gelicure, etc.

'Gel' refers to structure gels used for extensions, either tips or sculpts, and natural nail overlays. Thats why we are often correcting newbies whi say 'they do gel nails' - they actually mean Gel Polish. To do gel extensions you will need a separate qualification as its entirely different to Gel Polish.

A Shellac qualification will permit you to use any Gel Polish style product

Gel and gel polish are two different things. Gel polish refers to the polish style gels such as Shellac, Gellish, Gelicure, etc.

'Gel' refers to structure gels used for extensions, either tips or sculpts, and natural nail overlays. Thats why we are often correcting newbies whi say 'they do gel nails' - they actually mean Gel Polish. To do gel extensions you will need a separate qualification as its entirely different to Gel Polish.

A Shellac qualification will permit you to use any Gel Polish style product
Ah perfect! I don't want the gel extensions, just the gel polish as I like the colours in addition to my shellac. Thanks so much for clearing that up as I didn't want to do something dodgy instance and client wise.

Don't forget you'll need that ranges lamp to be insured fully.

Don't forget you'll need that ranges lamp to be insured fully.
Thanks for specifying that too! I did read that on here but the insurance person was a very loose with her criteria so I will get the appropriate lamp. I know I can't mix products within a service and need to stick on one system.

Latest posts

Back