Insurance for L&P?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xeli

Reaction score
I don't know if this is a silly question but I am confidently and successfully applying l&p on friends and family using nsi attraction system, after being trained by a nail tech friend.
Do I have to do an l&p course for insurance on this ?

I am qualified NVQ Beauty Therapy Level 2 and 3 and NVQ nail services level 2. Also qualified in bio sculpture and calgel.

thank you in advance x

Yes you have to be qualified in the service your providing to be able to be insured.

I, for instance, at college completing a level 3 nail tech course. I have student insurance that enables me to work on the public. I am only allowed to charge to cover my costs and my insurance is only valid if I have been signed off to say I am competent by my trainer (ie my college tutor).

You are not officially qualified so would not be able to get insurance, therefore should not be working on the public and charging for the service. If anything were to happen you would personally be liable as you have no public liability insurance. X

Latest posts

Back