Insurance in the US?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getnailed0x

Reaction score
Hello geeks. I have been seeing posts and topics about insurance that independent nail techs must have. I'm a little confused since I am still doing my research to become independent or a booth renter. In school they never said anything about insurance. Obviously If we open our own salon we have to but nothing was ever said about independent or booth renters. I don't know if this is a thing that the UK demands or all nail techs must have. Thanks.

I have never been told about any insurance neither for hair or nails . im in canada.. Might be a UK thing.. Was waondering the same perhaps someone will answer this :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

We don't have to have it here in this part of Canada either.

I am in Wisconsin and own a booth rental salon. I require my renters to carry their own business policy. Most insurance companies can point you in the right direction if you call. It usually isn't bad, my business policy for $4,000,000 coverage is only around $500/600 a year.

I am in Wisconsin and own a booth rental salon. I require my renters to carry their own business policy. Most insurance companies can point you in the right direction if you call. It usually isn't bad, my business policy for $4,000,000 coverage is only around $500/600 a year.

Thank you! I was so lost and confused when it came to this. What insurance companies would you recommend I contact when I decide to go on my own?

I wouldn't use an IC without insurance.

It doesn't matter where you work or what you do. ALWAYS have your own insurance policy. They are NOT expensive and even if not required to have it is best thing to ever do.

It isn't expensive over the year and is completely worth it. You never know when you are asked for advice and someone does something contrary to what you said - but blames you for advice.

If you clip a hangnail and it gets infected... ANYTHING can happen. Even if the case is dropped you have costs with lawyers fees etc...

I wouldn't have any professional job without one. I don't care the company you use. Look online via a search engine and just see what they cover.

I'd rather pay it and never use it than be caught without it.

Agree with Solsken!!
Many insurances may not be required by law but it doesnt mean you shouldnt have it?! Crap happens, more often than not, why leave yourself and your business vulnerable without that kind of protection. I am speaking from personal experience, that I suffered this past Monday and was I glad my insurance was in place to have my back!

I have my policy through The Hartford and they have been wonderful. I would start there.

Thanks everyone. I was really confused with it all. When I saw thread after thread talking about insurance I was like woah. I really need to look into it. I just didn't know if it was mandatory in the US since I was never told in school. I never said I wouldn't get it. I mean I want to be covered bc frankly most people are bat **** crazy and are always looking for a way to make people pay. Lol

Latest posts

Back