Interview help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FayeM

Reaction score
hi geeks
first forum so here it goes...

i have a interview thur morning in a spa in a hotel, i currently work in a beauty salon nearby,, i work in the salon about 2days a week (if im lucky) now as business is very quiet to have 3 therapists on. i would prefer to work in a salon than a spa as it is mainly massage they do (which is my least fav. treatment ) if there was work in a salon id take it over a spa any day!

basically i am looking for advice, i dont want to leave where i am as the owner has been very good to me as she took me on after i did work experience at her salon while i studied at college.

the interview i am going to is for part time work, do you think it would be cheeky to say basically i want to stay where i am mon-wed and can work thur-sat?

will i take all my certs with me?

help please

hi geeks
first forum so here it goes...

i have a interview thur morning in a spa in a hotel, i currently work in a beauty salon nearby,, i work in the salon about 2days a week (if im lucky) now as business is very quiet to have 3 therapists on. i would prefer to work in a salon than a spa as it is mainly massage they do (which is my least fav. treatment ) if there was work in a salon id take it over a spa any day!

basically i am looking for advice, i dont want to leave where i am as the owner has been very good to me as she took me on after i did work experience at her salon while i studied at college.

the interview i am going to is for part time work, do you think it would be cheeky to say basically i want to stay where i am mon-wed and can work thur-sat?

will i take all my certs with me?

help please

Hi I don't think that is cheeky, I am only training but to me If you don't ask you don't get.
Good luck with your interview x

think about what will work best for you in the long run, both financially and from a career perspective.

on the plus side, you're in a good position...you might have two jobs, you might have a new job or you might just stick with a job that you enjoy anyway :)

win win situation :)

hope it goes well for you :)

If its part-time I would of thought that they would want you to work the busiest days which is generally Thurs to Sat anyway so wouldn't see this as a problem..

But you should definately but up front and tell them which days you can work and more importantly which days you cannot work. The job may be rota based, e.g 3 days on and 4 days off so it will help them to know when your not available.. but if its set days its makes it easier for you as you will know where you are every week..

good luck with the job - and agree with the poster above, your in a win-win situation. x

thank you all, feel better now :)

now jus 2 do the interview....

Sent from my GT-S5570 using SalonGeek

I did exactly the same thing, worked in a salon part time and the hours were not enough for me so I applied for a job in a spa and at interview they asked me how much notice I had to give at my current job, and I just replied with that I wanted to continue to work at the salon part time and hopefully work at the spa around my salon hours.

They were absolutely fine with it and employed me. I gave them my salon hours and they put me in for shifts around those hours. I loved it because I experienced both sides of the industry in a salon and in a spa. I would spend my salon days waxing all day and spa days doing massage and facials!

Good Luck, and just be honest, employers will respect you more for that!

Latest posts

Back