Interview questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinnyminnie

Reaction score
Hey all, good weekend?....
k, i'm starting interviews next week for a part time beautician and have a list of basic questions that are tailored around our salon and i guess what id like your help with is.... are there any questions that are vital to ask when looking for a reliable beautician.......?
any feedback will be gratefully recieved :)
xXxXx:wink2:

Do you have any experience! There's one:p

You could ask what they think their strengths and weaknesses are. That way you'll be able to see what they are confident with and what might need some help.

I never liked the question, what treatment don't you like, because i felt like i should say nothing lol.

You could ask what they think their strengths and weaknesses are. That way you'll be able to see what they are confident with and what might need some help.

I never liked the question, what treatment don't you like, because i felt like i should say nothing lol.

i always answered that question with "my strengths are ........ and the things i am looking to further my knowledge in/do more indepth training in are........."
i didnt like to respond with a "weakness" it sounds so negative lol!!

thanks for all the helpful feedback x

The most important part of the interview is the trade test, can they actually do what they claim? Also their personal appearance is important, I would ask them to come in uniform ready to perform a treatment (or mini treatment such as file and paint etc).
Obviously you need to ask some qu's, how about ones such as, how would you deal with a difficult client etc, or get them to try and retail you someting( if your salon retails a fair amount) and find out how flexible their working hours are etc. general qu's such as strengths and weaknesses aren't always reliable, although may be helpful to identify training needs etc.
Hth's x

I think it's worthwhile to ask someone where they see themselves in a few years time...this might help you to get a sense of how dedicated the person might be to the role...do they see your salon as a long term thing or as a stop gap.

What's their ambitions? Where do they see themselves in 5 years? U don't want to hear answers like to marry a footballer and living in LA haha

thank you everyone for your input, much appreciated :) x

Latest posts

Back