Interview | Salon Geek Meets The London Lash Queen Sue Marsh

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Sue Marsh is an amazing woman. If you haven't heard of her, then don't admit to it and get geeking up on her. Having dominated the nail industry, she has since moved into, and revolutionised, the lash industry.

There's no doubt that Sue Marsh has got the midas touch. Her latest development, Eye Boutique, is an at-home lash range that blows the competition out of the water with its gorgeous colour tints, beautifully natural look and a tool that makes putting eyelashes on for fat fingered clumsy-clogs like me easy-breezy.

Sue Marsh talks to Salon Geek about her secret to success, her business decisions and what keeps her going.

❝Work with your clients and not just on them.❞

1. Whether it's nails or lashes, it seems that you can't help but become an industry leader. What's your secret?
I believe I'm viewed as an industry leader because I have been creative and artistic when entering a new industry, often taking it to the extreme, and influencing a new direction within it.

2. You forged an incredibly successful career in the nail industry and then left. What happened?
After many years at the top of my field I felt that the nail industry was beginning to plateau and I was no longer inspired. At the same time I could see myself developing within a new industry on the horizon. Which I felt could be excelled using my creative side.

3. How is the Lash industry treating you? What exciting things are happening for the London Lash Queen right now?
Through the support that I have received from the media and especially Susan at Brooks-Hill Ltd I have brought to the table my salon service that you can now have in your home. Eye Boutique was launched last year and is currently available online and in selected salons.

4. Your client roster is so starry you need sunglasses to look at it. How have you built up such an impressive clientele?
(Laughing)!!!! I believe it has been my dedication and hard work and forming a bespoke service that became highly sought after. My clients know that the service they receive is tailor made to their own needs.

5. For all its glamour, the beauty industry can be a tough world to do well in. What advice would you give those starting out?
Research your chosen field and stay focused on becoming the best in your industry. Work with your clients and not just on them.

6. What makes you proud career-wise?
Being able to create, design and launch my own range of products. Also being able to inspire others to take their career to another level.

7. What makes you cringe career-wise?
I think the lack of care given as a service by other technicians when applying eyelash extension. Then these poor women end up in my salon and on the end of a phone expecting me to be able to fix it.

8. What's the smartest business decision you've ever made?
Now, that's not an easy question as there have been a few. But I do feel that one of the smartest decisions was to agree a collaboration with Brooks - Hill to launch my range of products Eye Boutique.

9. Twitter and Facebook: essential tool, distracting nonsense or completely baffling?
Social Media plays an important role in any business and especially within an Industry that focusses heavily on the Visual aspects. Because of the nature of Social Media it allows you to get your message out there quicker than many other forms of networking.

10. When you're not achieving global domination in the lash world, what do you do in your down time?
As you can imagine there is not much free time at the moment, as the product development and now education is something that I am fully committed to, but I really enjoy spending time with my family and friends.

Attachments

• sue marsh.jpg
    sue marsh.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 232
I remember this lady as one half of the untouchables . I did wonder where she was now. Good to see someone taking the plunge and succeeded in something completely different.
x

Latest posts

Back