Iona colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sueperstyling

Reaction score
Hi can someone help me. I always use wella proffesional but I'm doing a new client next week that has Iona colour on her hair. She said its a golden mahogony brown and her previous hairdresser mixes 2 together. Can someone tell me what I need to get as different colours as different numbers. Thanks

Surely if you have over 10year experience, you should be able to choose a golden mahogany brown

Yes I can but I'm not sure with there colours I know the numbers would be .35 in wella but didn't know if Iona was numbers? I would rather you not comment if your going to be sarcastic or rude I'm sure there are a lot of hairdressers on here with alot of experience that still ask for advice??

Why not do a new consultation with your client rather than go on what the old hairdresser done.

And im not being sarcastic and rude.

Surely if you have over 10year experience, you should be able to choose a golden mahogany brown

I have well over 10 years experience and still ask advice for colours, this is what salon geek is for x

I think number /45

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

That would be copper mahogany, gold mahogany would be /35 but I couldn't guess what colours the hairdresser mixes, do you have a picture of the clients hair just now and we could help match it up and try think if what the 2 colours are, could it be a base colour mixed with a tone colour so for instance like equal parts of 5 and 5.35 x

Also is it Inoa or ion colour you mean xx

Hi mollie.
Thank you yes everyone needs advice now and again and it's a colour I do not work with. I will get her to send me a pic of her hair and see if you could help me. As for having a consultation I have done so and she is allergic to all other colours exept this one. It is defiantly iona not ion I double checked that lol.

Sorry I ment inoa x

Yeah they are ammonia free I can't really help with colour selection as I don't use them but you could pop into salon services and have a look at their colour chart and see if you can match it up, can she not find out from her previous hairdresser what was used xx

Her previous hairdresser won't tell her which is odd she told her the make but not the numbers etc. Yeh I'll go in and look at the chart she said she's a base 5 so I'm guessing what you said is right part 5 part 5.35. Thank you.

Im sure salon services dont stock inoa, its exclusive to salons?

Some might do now actually but when using inoa colours your need to be removing the colour with the inoa shampoo and conditioner too

They do stock (a somewhat limited) range of INOA. You shouldn't have any problems finding those colours though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

They do stock (a somewhat limited) range of INOA. You shouldn't have any problems finding those colours though.

Yes i know they do now but im right in saying they didnt at first, we had them in the salon a while before think thats with being a flagship salon tho

That's true

Good luck hopefully you will be able to match it xx

If her hairdresser mixed two colors in a level five it could also be 5.3 and 5.5.

Latest posts

Back