iPad/tablet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divine h & b

Reaction score
I'm debating whether or not to purchase an iPad or tablet to have an appointment app on it also to store photos of our work and ideas on to show clients.
Do any of you do this? If so how do you find it? Do customers like it? Or have you done it and found it a bit of a faff?

My nexus is my best friend! I have an appointment app, accounts app, various picture apps, spreadsheets, contacts list. I can update my facebbok, pinterest & other pages from it. I store everything work related on it, scan in all receipts etc & of course, browse s.g between clients! My laptop now sits gathering dust, the only thing I use that for that I can't do on my tablet is update my website!
Just don't forget to back it up in case you should ever loose it!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Which app do you use for appointments? I need one that can have more than one stylist etc have looked at ovatu but it's only on iPad/iPhone and don't really want to pay out that much when it's got to stay at the salon for the others when it's my day off etc

I use my iPad for business Facebook work and storing pics to show clients

Which app do you use for appointments? I need one that can have more than one stylist etc have looked at ovatu but it's only on iPad/iPhone and don't really want to pay out that much when it's got to stay at the salon for the others when it's my day off etc

Salon iris x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Vagaro app was good

I don't use my ipad for appointments but I do have one in the treatment room for clients to browse magazines or to use the Internet to browse online. Everyone who's come in always comments on it saying that's such a nice touch to the salon.

I use spa Booker on.l my iPad and use it for so many things. I just upgraded my iPad Booker app so that clients can fill out their client information on the iPad to cut down on paper clutter.

I've ordered one should have it Tuesday! So my plan is to make appointments etc I'm going to have loads of albums for hair ideas nail art ideas our work weddings all to show.
It will de-clutter the reception desk as well

Using stuff like Vagaro means your website will plummet on google as their booking site gets the hits and people don't bother going onto your main site. I learnt a big lesson

I have a mini iPad with an app called My Chair on. It's a paid app but obviously once you've paid once that's it. I put all of my prices in and how long it takes so it won't let me double book myself, works out my accounts for me, I love it x

Using stuff like Vagaro means your website will plummet on google as their booking site gets the hits and people don't bother going onto your main site. I learnt a big lesson

This doesn't sound too right... can you explain a bit more what happened?
Always good to learn other's experiences but generally you would need like 10,000 hits a week to make a difference to your rankings.

Does anyone know if you can edit your website from an ipad ? X

I was always on the first page, after 8 years in business, slowly it dropped as nobody went to my site anymore they went to their site i.e. my page was on their site !, also the position of the link was bad so nobody saw it my google analytics showed not one single referral, believe me my web designer is a guru of most things web and she warned me about this over a year ago, 14 months on, we dropped, so my own plug in is being created then it all stays with us. Hope that makes sense.
This doesn't sound too right... can you explain a bit more what happened?
Always good to learn other's experiences but generally you would need like 10,000 hits a week to make a difference to your rankings.

Hi, I am new here and not here to just advertise my IT business but provide technical advice to people. I have noticed some beauty professionals getting stung for IT services so I am trying to save you all!!
If you want to showcase pictures of treatments you can use Flickr or set up a wordpress page. With regards to showing clients there and then you could get a tablet. A nexus 7 may be too small but an iPad may be a little too expensive for what you want to use it for. You could even purchase a tv and mount it on the wall. Most new tvs have usb or sd ports so you can take pictures with your camera and insert the card/usb into the tv. If you require any further advice you can visit my website - IP1IT | Ipswich Technical Support Services

Editing a website on an iPad can be done but it depends on what system is driving your website. If it is purely code written then it is fairly difficult to edit on an iPad. If it is using a content management system then it is likely you could edit it using an iPad. I use Wordpress as a content management system for my clients. It works on any device and even has an app for phones so you can update whenever and wherever you are. If you require any advice, contact me via my website IP1IT | Ipswich Technical Support Services

Latest posts

Back