iPhone card machine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NicDox

NicDox
Reaction score
Has anyone seen or used a card payment device that you use on your phone with an app?

Has anyone seen or used a card payment device that you use on your phone with an app?

I have one. Its called Intuit pay. You can also look at iZettle and paypal have now started doing one too

Mine is called Square.

I use I zettle, brilliant as long as there is wifi =D

I have sumup for my iPhone

iZettle here too. So easy and straightforward.

I have Square too. I have been using it for over two years and it has been wonderful!

I have Sumup too!

I use the Intuit one, its great 😊

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I use izettle

I use SumUp as well - highly recommend

Can you use these in Ireland?

I also have izettle. Love it. You dont need wifi just a decent signal on your phone.

I also set up with Sumup but they were a bit of a pain to do so, wanting so much ID etc.

I must admit I signed up with SumUp and it was really simple and I had no problems.

Just signed up with sumup, just wondering are there any hidden charges & does it actually work? Do people pay from their cards directly to your bank through the app? Just afraid to use it incase something goes wrong!

It doesn't go directly in, they take it into their bank and process your fee, you get it 10 days after . They used to pay you from an international bank and I was charged £6 for the deposit if it was over £100 but they use an English bank now I think and I don't get charged. Apart from that there's no hidden charges

I just downloaded the izettle app. I was just wondering if any of you can tell me how much it charges you to use it? And if the money goes straight to your bank account, if not will you know if the payment has defiantly gone through? I'm not very good with all this technical stuff but an app seems much easier than getting a card machine!
Thanks in advance!xx

I just got the iZettle. It arrives in 2 weeks. Will let you know. Look at their web page. Seemed really simple.

Thank you! Xx

It is really simple. The money arrives into your account within 10 days. The charge is 2.75% per transaction.
We have all recently answered a survey regarding our use of it and I would think that everyone will have said that we want the money to arrive quicker. So hopefully they will be able to do something about that.
Other than that I can't think of any problems with it. It's always worked perfectly for me. Only had one client whose card was refused. After her blaming the izettle, then she went for cash, turned out that she had overspent on the card she was using. Her husband apologised for her, as she was rather rude. She's ok now though.
I don't have many card paying clients so having a contract machine would be a huge waste for me.

Latest posts

Back