Is a 50% deposit for hair extensions too much?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky-Steele

Reaction score
Hi
Im starting up a mobile hair extension business and was thinking of taking a 50% deposit fir the cost of the hair. Do you think this is too much? x

i dont think its too much to ask. its an expensive treatment. Least then you no your client will turn up! just explain to the client this is covering the cost for you to buy the hair and products etc :) xxx

I take the full cost of the hair as deposit, and don't allow them to book their fitting appointment until that deposit is paid.

hi. i also take half deposit, unless i have hair in stock and its last minute, in which case i'll do a 'pay on the day' booking. What you have to think of its not just the hair cost, if they dont turn up you may have wasted a slot that would have suited another client, not to mention wasted time hanging about waiting for them of they dont let you know. and half is more than enough incentive to turn up. mind you i had a girl 3 years ago that came and gave me 90 pounds deposit and i never heard from her again and couldnt get hold of her but that was a one off! hope this helps x

I always ask for 100% cost of hair deposit. If the client then cancels the hair is theirs to keep and I am not left out of pocket. Its also a good way of weeding out the timewasters as, if they are willing to pay the deposit, they are serious about getting extensions. Most clients are quite happy to pay the deposit as long as I provide them with a receipt or I also give them the option to pay me through paypal.

HTH:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back