Is a contra-indication the same as a contra-action?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophiegees

Reaction score
Excuse my stupidity here, but I am doing my pre-course question paper for my waxing course and they are 2 questions - 1 asking for contra-indications to waxing and the other one asking for possible contra-actions.

Is a contra-action the same as a contra-indication in terms that is an adverse reaction?

I have searched on google for the term and it seems to be coming up as meaning the same as contra-indication - but the word 'action' does not seem to logically follow that if we take it at its true meaning.

To me I would think it may be an action to avoid an adverse reaction.

Any help would be gratefully received.....

thank you

xx

a Contra-Indication is a reason why a treatment may not be able to be carried out i.e skin conditions, medications, allergies etc...

A Contra-Action is an adverse reaction to a treatment that has been carried out...

Think thats right anyway...:eek:

I'm only in training too however a contraindication is something that restricts or prevents a treatment, a contra action is something that could happen from having the treatment done afterwards, ie if the client has an allergic reaction, erythema etc. Hope this makes sense and I'm sure If iv missed anything someone with much more knowledge will help out x

A contra-indication is something that would prevent you from going ahead with the treatment. In the case of waxing it would be something like infections, open wounds, skin disorders etc
A contra-action is something that happens because of the treatment such as ingrowing hairs, skin-removal,erythema, burns etc

Thanks guys, this makes sense to me now and have answered the question in these terms.

thanks for coming to my rescue
xx

Latest posts

Back