Is anyone taking an oestrogen based pill?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkSwoon

Reaction score
I take Diantte and have done since Summer 2012 but lately I'm constantly tired, have zero motivation, I'm irritated easily, low libido, breathelessness... the list goes on! It's because of low testosterone thans to taking the pill but I can't stop taking it because I'm scared my acne will come back which it has done before but I feel like I can't cope with these symptoms for one day longer!

It's more of a ranty thread than anything else but how do you cope? Oh and what makes it worse is that I can never get into my doctors! MAXIMUM FRUSTRATION LEVELS HAVE BEEN REACHED :mad: I think I want to try accutane but I've heard that Yasmin can be quite good.

x

I've tried so many over the years and always had problems until I asked for Yasmin I've not had any side effects or issues since 😃

I used to be on dianette as I have PCOS but then my doctor put me on co cyprindol which is the same sort of thing as dianette but less side affects.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was on Yasmin for 6 months and it caused me terrible migraines.
I had one constantly for a whole week and ended up in hospital because of it.
Made my boobs bigger though. Sod's law! Lol.
Came off of it and have never had one since. Weird 😳 xx

I used to be on dianette! Loved it made my skin so good hate that it's higher risks, I had Yasmin after and found it made my skin really bad so went off of it in the end :( but I think everyone has different experiences with it

I take Diantte and have done since Summer 2012 but lately I'm constantly tired, have zero motivation, I'm irritated easily, low libido, breathelessness... the list goes on! It's because of low testosterone thans to taking the pill but I can't stop taking it because I'm scared my acne will come back which it has done before but I feel like I can't cope with these symptoms for one day longer!

It's more of a ranty thread than anything else but how do you cope? Oh and what makes it worse is that I can never get into my doctors! MAXIMUM FRUSTRATION LEVELS HAVE BEEN REACHED :mad: I think I want to try accutane but I've heard that Yasmin can be quite good.

x

Constantly tired, zero motivation, easily irritated, low libidio, I'm sure this is me on a normal day without anything 😂

Sorry to hear your problems though Hun, have you tried a sexual health clinic close to yourselves ?
Mines really good, I tend to go all the time, if I have any problems with my implant, I went and changed my pill + spoke about all side effects etc x

x

I was on Yasmin, it helped my acne a lot but then I found out I have pcos and my doctor switched me to Linessa. Omg! Best switch ever! No side effects, I even lost weight on it and my acne completely cleared including scarring after about a year.

I was on diannette for 3 months to clear my skin up and was told you could only take it for 3 months! It really helped me and then I went onto Yasmin which totally cleared my skin up. Now I have a copper coil as I had got my skin back to normal and didn't want any more hormones in my body and my skin has stayed really good 😁

If you think the pill makes you feel crap, take a look at the programme "Dying for healthy skin" about the side effects of Roaccutane.

This shocked me.

Please don't accept that this is how you are, get to your gp or a clinic and get it sorted.

Good luck x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks everyone for your replies :) Going to call the doctor tomorrow but they are absolutely pants so I'm not holding out much hope.

Thanks Squidgernetball, I did read about that a while back & they seem to be isolated cases, there are serious side effects of it no doubt but they are quite rare x

On the note of Accutane. I feel like someone needs to give some input on the good it does!

I was on Accutane for 6 months. I experienced no side effects apart from dry lips which was managed with constant moisturiser.

My skin has been clear since and has stayed that way ! I go make up free regularly and have no issues or permanent side effects from using the drug

As with most things. You only ever hear the bad as people are very quick to complain but not say the good.

Most side effects are rare and isolated cases and the drug is so well regulated and monitored. I had my bloods checked monthly. Monthly appointments with the dermatologist and pregnancy tests and psych evaluations to check my mood was the same.

They care and wouldn't prescribe it if it wasn't safe. All drugs have side effects and many people have bad reactions to other drugs and yet accutane gets a really rough ride in comparison to anything else x

I wouldn't dispute it's effects. However, a lot of gps think it is the only course of skincare which it isn't.

Sadly a lot of effective skincare and supplements such as the brilliant Accumax are only available if you put your hand in your pocket and pay for them, although a lot of private dermatologists are now recommending Accumax!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back