Is it genuine Shellac training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallyl

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I will be contacting sweet squared on Monday, but wanted to see if anybody from there on here, or if anyone else has an opinion.
The local training college is offering CND "SHELLAC" training for £60.
One of my clients did it and she was really shocked at the quality of training, first of all she was told there was no previous qualifications needed, not one person out of the 12 there had ANY previous experience of doing beauty or nails. They were also told at one point during the training, not to bother buying the CND lamp and to get any old one off eBay!!! There was a lot of other things she wasn't happy with aswel but they were the ones that flagged up to me that it wasn't a certified CND course.
She was adamant that her certificate says CND SHELLAC on it?? Is there any way this would be the case as i have never known of CND using colleges.
I'm so so angry at this, I've spent thousands on my training and for an actual college to be churning out person after person with a certificate but no idea on nail theory etc is awful. Just want any thoughts and ideas on if I can complain to anyone x

I trained at college and it was CND products and lamps we used.

Do you need prior training for the shellac course. My understanding was it is all included but I may be wrong.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1471118337.928766.jpg

This course was £60 no prior manicure cert needed and it was 10.30-2pm x they covered no theory and one lady even said! "Oh I don't know the first thing about nails is that ok?" And was told, "yeah it's only exactly the same as painting nails" I don't care if colleges provide training, that's great but when they are a council funded training centre and they are giving that low level of training it's infuriating and the fact that a lot of people in my town will now be offering shellac without knowing the first thing about nails!!!

This course was £60 no prior manicure cert needed and it was 10.30-2pm x they covered no theory and one lady even said! "Oh I don't know the first thing about nails is that ok?" And was told, "yeah it's only exactly the same as painting nails" I don't care if colleges provide training, that's great but when they are a council funded training centre and they are giving that low level of training it's infuriating and the fact that a lot of people in my town will now be offering shellac without knowing the first thing about nails!!!

You might want to contact Sweetsquared and let them know, they are pretty committed to protecting the brand integrity

Yeah that's what I thought, I'll phone them Monday xx

We were fully trained in luxury manicure and pedicure prior to moving on to shellac

Latest posts

Back