Is it my fault?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmaspeers

Reaction score
Some may have seen my previous posts (sorry again geeg) - I did 3 sets of nails after lots of research. I am thinking that 70% of what i was worried about was more to do with clients than me BUT i like to be thorough.... so i did my friends (who ive done before). The 1st time i did her nails i did them free for her bday and a cpl days later she came to me saying that one had lifted - her middle finger on right hand... and then one ''came off'' miraculously! I did offer to sort them for her but she didnt arrange a day so she took them off (herself :eek:). Ok so been a cpl months and she asked me to do them again... last time they took 1 3/4 hrs, but after my concerns i have started to be more thorough til my confidence grows - so took me 2.5 hrs (a lot of chatting in between inc toilet breaks and popping to do drinks). She called me 3 days after, 1 had come off - i said blimey, u must have caught that badly, does it still hurt lol, she admits she trapped it in the washing machine catch and still throbbing hrs later (like i thought!) :smack: Offered to repair the followin morn she didnt turn up...called tonight to see where she got to (hungover) and she said also lifting on 1 finger - but just one finger, and its on the free edge corner middle finger AGAIN! :confused: I did notice at the wedding she was constantly tapping them on tables etc - and i find it weird its just one, and the same one.... what do u think? I was very careful on sealing free edge BUT i can accept if it is my workmanship.... (confidence still trying to grow lol)

she trapped it in the washing machine catch and still throbbing hrs later

she was constantly tapping them on tables etc

And you're wondering if this is somehow your fault?
Tell her to either stop abusing her nails, or start paying for repairs because you're just wasting your time and product!

Well i am becoming more confident than i have been in the past thanks to this site... and when i saw her tapping them, i thought i bet tomorrow ill get a call, i was wrong it was 2 days later lol. I did think it wasnt my fault but just needed some confirmation thats all - what made me feel horrid was she asked to come over, didnt turn up due to hangover, and her partner who drives works in the wk so she cant get out to me (well she could in the eve but dont now why she doesnt?), she then said i could go out to her with my kids (she hasnt got her kids for 2 wks) and do them at hers, and when i said no way, she said shell go to a nail bar in town and have it repaired there. Just wondering would another salon repair one nail? Dont think theres a bar in town that do same product as i use so not sure whether they would or not?

Just wondering would another salon repair one nail? Dont think theres a bar in town that do same product as i use so not sure whether they would or not?

Most probably she will find someone who will do it!
My sister in law is a nightmare like that, she has really oily skin and acrylics dont last long on her(I had and she had always thought it was me until she had them done elsewhere and mine had lasted longer lol)
The thing was she never paid for them but moaned and expected me to drop everything or uproot my 4 kids to go to her to repair them.
I now wont do her nails, I started making excuses, like oh no baby sitter etc and she soon stopped asking and now she doesent get them done at all anywhere(says it all)
If she cant care for them, then it is at her cost and inconvienience to have it repaired. x

I know what u mean cos i have children too, so i only ever do applications after 7pm... occasionally i do saturday day times if i have more than 1 person. I know for a fact she wont go anywhere else, and the fact shes only ever had them done once before in her whole life also says it all too. I think the only reason she said it was cos i couldnt go there, almost like if she said that i might just go (dont think so!) This is 2nd time ive done them, the 1st time all i could see her do was pick them, underneath particularly, and ten told me they were coming away - when i looked they had def been picked, u could see all around the cuticle grr.Well she came back to me, and not free this time, so cant have been all that bad lol. Woke up in a diff mind today and thinkin she takes the mick really... i had to get itout of her about the nail and the washin machine, she text sayin it had come off, i got in a flap, called her and said blimey what did u do they lkd solid when u left - oh caught it on the washing machine, to which i replied, blimey i bet that hurt - is it still throbbin lol... she caved! hehe

Good on you! They really are cheeky so and so's sometimes

Cheers sam - my 1st friend lmao. I think most of this nail thing other than the tech part lol is about confidence! In fact i think thats the worst of it if im honest.... i am working on this. My nails look so nice when they leave, and as i only have a few ppl i do nails for i only have these ppl to go by. The 1st ever set i did lasted 4 wks, natural extensions. I was well impressed, she didnt come bk for infills cos of time etc etc so ripped them off :O grr. And as they r friends too, well theyre the cheekiest arent they lol. When they walk out i am confident but then u get that dreaded call... i half expected it from this person tho sooooo. I am going to do overlays on my mum soon, and this will only be my 2nd set of overlays ever...and got 1 person in this wk and another nx wk. My 7 yr old daughters begging me for overlays and polish but im not sure if shes too young? Would be excellent practice on those tiny nails lol

I find I really worry about them! I feel I put so much time and effort in to them that they are like ten little children!!!! I;ve had one or two people come back after one has pinged off, and I used to feel DREADFUL when it happened, but know I am quite confident that they are not being careful enough.

I wish I could get over it, but my rep is on the line!!

I agree and thats what my panic was about the other day - i dont want ppl bad mouthing me, saying tht there is absolutely nothing i can do about how they care for them when they leave me :( Unfortunately! I have decided that although i do explain after care i am going to send them away with a small sheet of how to care - kind of like my insurance, if they dont read and ring me a few days later and say blah blah ill say did you read your after care properly? And if they say no, then ill say well this should have been followed to a T if u expect them to last!!! I read this earlier - nail should be used like jewels, not tools :) love it

I think I will do that too, I do it for minx. I'll do it for all my stuff now.

You MUST charge her....noone ever looks after nails when they don't cost them anything....why should they..you'll just repair/fix em for free again. Once these nails are costing her then she will start to look after them more.

To be honest she is totally disrespecting your work and your time...by now the dentist would have charged her for missed appointments and maybe even struck her off.

I know its hard with friends but "good" friends will 1) respect your profession and 2) pay you....would she go to work for a couple of hours for nothing...?

You MUST charge her....noone ever looks after nails when they don't cost them anything....why should they..you'll just repair/fix em for free again. Once these nails are costing her then she will start to look after them more.

To be honest she is totally disrespecting your work and your time...by now the dentist would have charged her for missed appointments and maybe even struck her off.

I know its hard with friends but "good" friends will 1) respect your profession and 2) pay you....would she go to work for a couple of hours for nothing...?

You are so right.

Oh god she DEF wouldnt work for nothin lmao.... i know i know, she did pay me for the nails this time, not last time, but was gonna repair free and say any other repairs will have to be covered by her... could u tell me whether u think the lifting on the 1 finger could just be due to tapping them? Or could it be that i hadnt sealed the free edge properly? altho i find this hard to believe cos it was just 1... ha there goes me asking for that reassurance again ;)

Latest posts

Back