Is it ok to leave my gun soak overnight?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siennax1

Reaction score
Hi everyone, quick question, is it ok to leave my spray gun parts to soak overnight?
Having lots of problems with it not spraying right even though I clean it and flush it through all the time!!:eek:

Thanks.

If you clean it through reguarly it's probably something else, have you checked your needle or the machines its self.

I wouldn't leave it to soak over night as it shouldn't need to be left to soak if you clean it thoroughly reguarly.

Yea I've checked everything, it's cleaned through and stripped weekly, flushed throught everyday. It's not the feeder tube disc as I've allready had that horrible experience a while back so I am baffled :eek:

are you using a t200 machine?

You are best not to leave your gun soaking overnight and to much cleaning can also cause you problems particularly in hard water areas where lubing the metal components greatly assists the action.
HTH :hug:

Hi Steve yes it's the T200.

It's still not quite right. Was fine spraying my clients, but as soon as I flushed through with water you can tell it's not spraying as it should. Slightly flickers every now and again as if it's going to stop. As you can imagine, I panic before I go to see my client with sooo much worry that it'll go wrong.
I've ordered a new needle which I wanted to get anyway, so I'll see if that'll help next week :eek:
I don't want to cancel clients, I can't afford to at the moment. I'm thinking about getting a new gun as I'm getting busy.

did you get a new cup seal gasket last time

Hi Steve, yes I did. I'm sending the gun back and I bought a new one which I've been meaning to anyway :hug:

Latest posts

Back