Is it worth doing a makeup course if i'm a nail tech?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petals

Reaction score
Hi all! I am nail tech and doing spray tan training with Sienna X. Mobile, so want to offer a few treatments. Thing is i'm thinking of doing a make up course to add to treatments, for brides etc.. Is it something that would be worth doing? It costs £350 for 3 days and i'm thinking it would be better perhaps to get a Minx kit and just stick to what i do. Oh dilemmas! Can anyone give me advice on what you think, i know i have my own mind and can decide, but just want a bit of help before i sign up!:rolleyes:Thanks!

Hi all! I am nail tech and doing spray tan training with Sienna X. Mobile, so want to offer a few treatments. Thing is i'm thinking of doing a make up course to add to treatments, for brides etc.. Is it something that would be worth doing? It costs £350 for 3 days and i'm thinking it would be better perhaps to get a Minx kit and just stick to what i do. Oh dilemmas! Can anyone give me advice on what you think, i know i have my own mind and can decide, but just want a bit of help before i sign up!:rolleyes:Thanks!

I have a lot of experience in makeup courses having been a make up artist for 20 years with my own school. Look here's the thing.....in my opinion you need to check who is tutoring the course, for example..if you go to Ellisons or a college that is really a supplier of Beauty courses, good as they may be at Beauty Training they are generally (and I see this from a postion of experience and being a make up artist) they are useless at make up training. tell me what's availalbe in your area are you Scotland? And in return you can tell me the quickest best route to learning nails x

I have a lot of experience in makeup courses having been a make up artist for 20 years with my own school. Look here's the thing.....in my opinion you need to check who is tutoring the course, for example..if you go to Ellisons or a college that is really a supplier of Beauty courses, good as they may be at Beauty Training they are generally (and I see this from a postion of experience and being a make up artist) they are useless at make up training. tell me what's availalbe in your area are you Scotland? And in return you can tell me the quickest best route to learning nails x

Occasionally colleges of fe do make up courses that are taught by ex bbc and television make up artists and this may be the case in your area, but speak to the head of the department not the receptionist because they won't know. Bridal make-up should be as good as photographic make up and you need a tutor who has worked for magazines and advertising, MAC do a course in London if you are serious about doing wedding make up, but its £1000, the other thing you need to think about is kit, but I can advise you on that if you need help, believe me I've made every mistake over the years...and if I can help you I will.

hi
its an expensive business to get into ..
if you can afford it and have the patience, time and passion to put everything into i say go for it - i absolutely love it, and wished id trained years earlier, but i can alreadt see its going to take me some time to break even after my training, kit, web site etc..
good luck whatever you decide to do!
blush09

Thanks guys for all your advice & help.:)

There is a training course in Glasgow with 2 BBC make up artists. I just wonder if people are having their nails done, perhaps they would like make up done? As for quickest way to learn nails, it depends on which system you want to use. CND training is great and the foundation course was 6 weekends. Calgel was one day as i had already trained with CND. Depends on how much you want to spend,how much time you have and who seems the best company to suit your needs.

Latest posts

Back