Is there a course for removing hard skin with foot file?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo's Nails

Reaction score
Hi
Is there an alternative way of removing hard skin from feet instead of using a foot file. I am not using the razor blade that is in the salon I've just started in and wondered if there was something else I could use.
A foot file is sometimes not enough.
I've seen E-files being used on the feet is this Ok?
I know there is a chemical peel but can't remember the name?
I'm in Cardiff is there a course?
Thanks

Sweet squared sell a micro plane file or you can buy callus peel as long as you have a pedi qualification.

The mavex callus peel packaging looks more appealing.

Yes that's great I have pedi qualification thought I had to do a special course to use callous peel that's probably why I can't find any training on it then.
Thank you fluffycloudland.

there is only so much we can do as a beauty therapist, I have clients that have really hard skin around the heel, I always explain that I will remove as much as I can, but they need to maintain this at home at least 3 times a week, or if it's a real problem then they'll need to see a foot doctor (chiropodist).
I like the idea of a callus peel..... are they good, I mean do they remove all of the hard skin??? x

Callus Peal & Microplane for my clients, great results

Hi
Is there an alternative way of removing hard skin from feet instead of using a foot file. I am not using the razor blade that is in the salon I've just started in and wondered if there was something else I could use.
A foot file is sometimes not enough.
I've seen E-files being used on the feet is this Ok?
I know there is a chemical peel but can't remember the name?
I'm in Cardiff is there a course?
Thanks
Hi Jo's Nails! Thank you for your interest in our products. The Original Callus Peel we have been distributing for 10 years and gives great results! It contains AHA's, comes in a sachet containing two soaked pads and can be used on diabetics once the client has the ok from their GP (cannot be used during pregnancy). The step by step instructions are: Place the 2 pads from the sachet on both feet, wrap in cling film, wait 10-15 minutes (depending on how bad the callus is), scrape away the product and callus with the scraper, dry off the feet with a paper towel, buff with the foot file until you are happy that enough callus has come off and massage in the Moisture Cream.

The UK Callus Peel which we are the Manufacturers for also gives great results! It contains 99% natural ingredients, comes in a liquid form in an airless pump dispenser and can be used on pregnant and diabetic clients. The step by step instructions are: Pump out two pumps of the Callus Remover liquid (2mls measurement in each pump), wrap in cling film, wait 10-15 minutes (depending on how bad the callus is), scrape away the product and callus with your foot file scraper, dry off the feet with a paper towel, buff once with your foot file scraper, spray your water bottle spray onto the feet, buff again with your foot file scraper (the water activates the natural ingredients and the callus will start to buff off in shreds) until you are happy that enough callus has come off and massage in the Aftercare Cream.

Clients should have either of the treatments every 2-3 weeks and should moisturise using the Moisture Cream or Aftercare Cream morning and night to keep up results! You can retail either Cream for between £8-£10 so around £9.99.

Please note that we do not recommend using any other rasps on the feet as the treatment will make the skin fresh with new skin, so any further abrasiveness will cause the foot to get sore and could pierce the skin and cause the product to get inside the skin. Therefore please follow our step by step instructions.

Latest posts

Back