Is there a way?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LB’s

Reaction score
hi all I’m interested in training in cellulite treatments and skin toning treatments, is there any way I can train without a uni profession or doing level 2 beauty course (as this has many treatments which I’m not interested in) thank you :D I’m in the north of England.

hi all I’m interested in training in cellulite treatments and skin toning treatments, is there any way I can train without a uni profession or doing level 2 beauty course (as this has many treatments which I’m not interested in) thank you :D I’m in the north of England.

The qualification that covers these treatments would be the vtct level 3 unit qualifications in body electrical treatments and or the vtct level 3 unit qualification in spa wrap treatments.

It's worth a google for private training providers who offer this. You may find that another option could be to do a full level 3 in massage and/or spa treatments. Lots of people do this without level 2. Not all colleges allow this but many do and it is perfectly acceptable for working in industry.

The qualification that covers these treatments would be the vtct level 3 unit qualifications in body electrical treatments and or the vtct level 3 unit qualification in spa wrap treatments.

It's worth a google for private training providers who offer this. You may find that another option could be to do a full level 3 in massage and/or spa treatments. Lots of people do this without level 2. Not all colleges allow this but many do and it is perfectly acceptable for working in industry.
Thank you Laura, I’m glad there are options as my local college said I HAD to do level 2! But I felt it would be a waste of time and money learning for a year of treatments that I don’t want to do... I’ve already studied at level 3 and have my level 3 Anatomy and physiology too, but they didn’t want to know... I’ve found it hard coming across any other local places, I will have to have another look

If you already have a level 3 qualification then you are unlikely to get another level 3 course paid for, therefore I would suggest you go to a private training provider and just do the skills you want to pick up. Massage would be the first one to start with and then add on the specific treatments.
When you buy a body machine you usually get free training with it so I would look into this too.

If you already have a level 3 qualification then you are unlikely to get another level 3 course paid for, therefore I would suggest you go to a private training provider and just do the skills you want to pick up. Massage would be the first one to start with and then add on the specific treatments.
When you buy a body machine you usually get free training with it so I would look into this too.
Hi, thank you, I did a private level 3 personal training course, and a diploma course In Swedish massage, just finding it hard to find add on courses with not doing a full level 2 beauty course first.. I want to work for myself not be employed so was advised that I don’t need the full college course.. I think it’s just a matter of finding them, the massage courses aren’t as hard to find it’s just the above ones I’m struggling with.

Hi, thank you, I did a private level 3 personal training course, and a diploma course In Swedish massage, just finding it hard to find add on courses with not doing a full level 2 beauty course first.. I want to work for myself not be employed so was advised that I don’t need the full college course.. I think it’s just a matter of finding them, the massage courses aren’t as hard to find it’s just the above ones I’m struggling with.

Ok, so you already have a level 3 massage qualification - that's great.
I would say your next step is to work out which body treatment equipment you wish to use on clients and approach that specific company for training in their system.
Even if you find a course that covers body electricals on its own, you would still have to train with a company to be able to use their equipment, so try the companies first I think.

Latest posts

Back