Is this a fair price?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty Box

Reaction score
Hi, I have been given a quote to have my hair stripped back to my natural colour and I just wanted to see if it was a fair price to pay! I have long hair about 6inches past my shoulders and I have been colouring it dark brown with home colours (don't shout) for a few years! My natural hair colour is fair and a dark blonde/lightbrown and would really like to have my hair lightened! I have been given a quote by my hairdresser of approx £200, is this a fair price for this treatment? Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks x

hiya,

Is this quote from a Salon or mobile hairdresser? seems a bit steep to me x

that is a steep price, but i gues it depends on varying factors, salons normal price for colour etc etc. . .

My thoughts are:

youre obviously not happy with the price, so go to another couple of salons see what theyre charging.

But do remember,this is a lengthy process,one that requires alot of skill,and one that does have to have great care taken with,so a good colourist is definately worth paying for.

last time i had mine done, i paid £130,and believe me, that is an awful lot in my area,but i couldnt of been happier paying that, the lady did a fab job, i had a full head of foils,intensive conditioning treatment,toner, cut,conditioning treatment,blow-dry,and i also spent an extra £50 on products.My hair looked lovely,and still felt in good condition.And i was in there from opening, to closing.

I dont think £200 is steap,if youre going to a reputable salon/colourist.

I did my own bronde from very dark brown, lots of build-up etc, only cost me around £30,but believe me, i have an awful lot of damage from doing it myself.And had to have a good few inches cut off.

Kate x

Hiya,

Have you ever though of going to a college , i had mine done there and you only pay for the product, with a cut and blowdry it only cost me £30.00 as i had to have a few goes, but i was please with it :)

Vicki :lol:

I am not a hair geek but my daughter had her hair corrected after home dyes (3) dark brown & it took 5 hours to get it near normal!
They used Effasor etc, that's expensive even at trade prices & don't forget the time the hairdresser is spending with you!
Look around & ask the salons what they will use & the length of time it will take - then you can make an informed decision.
My daughters hair has taken a year to grow out from the stripping & the condition is still not all that good. So this is something you should be aware of!
Fionax

Hiya if it's any help you could travel to my salon (100 miles) have it done and travel back and it would still be at least £50 cheaper but I don't know what prices they charge near you or if you go to some nice big luxury salon where your paying for the Italian seats, mirrors, reception desk etc lol and the job would just be the same

HTHs

Hmmmm, a little bit steep i think!x

thats really expensive, a lady came into our salon the other day and had her hair lightened from black to a cheryl cole red and another lady with SUPER long literally down her bum long with black hair wanted hers to blonde and she got charged £100.00! And i dont work in some cheap skanky salon. Ask around before you do anything!

It does take an awful long time to do and make your hair go a bit dry but you could pay for a nice intense conditioning treatment after.

but dont pay £200.00! :eek:

hth :) xxx

Hi, thank you for all the replies!
I did think that £200 was abit expensive and it didnt include a cut either, there are alot of good salons around where i live so i might try somewhere else and have a consultation and see what they say.
I was concerned about my hair being dry after having it done, i do find that the colour that i do put on fades very quickly and my hair grows very very fast.
I have thought about having a good 6 inches cut off and letting it fade gradually and grow it out.
Is there anything like a shampoo that i could use which would help the colour fade faster?
thanks x

Vosene or Head and Shoulders are particularly good at fading colour.

I had Effasor on my hair when trying to get back to my natural colour and the condition was awful. I've also had Eraser before and that left my hair in a lovely condition. We use Eraser at my salon as it only removes artificial colour although you need to keep an eye on it?
I don't think £200 is excessively expensive. It really does depend on how much work is involved and how long it is going to take.
These products aren't cheap to buy!

Hi, I have been given a quote to have my hair stripped back to my natural colour and I just wanted to see if it was a fair price to pay! I have long hair about 6inches past my shoulders and I have been colouring it dark brown with home colours (don't shout) for a few years! My natural hair colour is fair and a dark blonde/lightbrown and would really like to have my hair lightened! I have been given a quote by my hairdresser of approx £200, is this a fair price for this treatment? Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks x

It mey seem steep but,

do you trust the salon you are going to?
Do you trust the stylist that they know what they are doing and are going to do the best they can for your hair?
Are they going to be using good quality professional products?
Are you made to feel comfortable in the salon and feel that you are a valued customer?

If the answer is yes to those questions then is it not worth spending a little bit more?

Latest posts

Back