Is this business too good to be true?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GracefulH&B

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Just looking for some advice on a beauty salon I've seen that's for sale. The beauty salon is located in a prime central location within a parade of complementary shops and businesses in the heart of a local town. The business receives a huge amount of footfall, as being well established. Parking is available in the nearby car parks of the town. The local area is very much an up and coming town and the area in which the salon is located is experiencing large amounts of inward investment. The turnover is in the region of £141,485 per annum with a net profit of approximately £89,742.

Lease can be taken over -

It is a large building with salon on the ground floor, 2 treatment rooms downstairs, spray tanning room, staff room/kitchen, large reception area with two nail bars. Three rooms on the 1st floor and a further room on the 2nd floor. All rooms equipped. Building was redecorated October 2011 inside and out. This is a very large spacious building could be turned into a bigger salon or spa, beauty salon & hairdressers, has many potentials.

The asking price is under £20k. Is this one of those "too good to be true" situations and what questions do I need to be asking the seller? I would obviously get an accountant to look at the accounts of the business but that costs money and I was just wondering, if this really does seem to good to be true, it probably is.

Thanks for your advice.

It really is hard to know. Do you know why they're selling - do they want a quick sale? Get all the advice you can. What's left on the lease? What's the rent - if the clients don't move to you, you obviously have to pay these bills no matter what - rates, electric etc! It does sound really reasonable, so I know what you mean -where's the catch! Good luck with your decision x

If your serious I would definitely get account to check the books of course.
I would say check lease, rent, average bill and of course the golden question why are they selling for £20k is making a lot more than that a year. Do they know something you don't? May all be factors to check out. Also a bit cheeky but if they don't know you, visit as a client and get chatting with the person doing the service. Staff know most things I feel. Just my 2p worth :)

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back