Is this mixing systems?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arty*Rox

Reaction score
Ok might be a silly question but I'm curious :)

If a client requested L&P enhancements with for instance a marbled design on the tip could I ...

> Sculpt or tip the nail, apply a thin layer of acrylic
> Do a design on the tip with gel polish, cure, wipe inhibition layer
> then encapsulate the nail with acrylic

I know you can rebalance L&P with gel and visa versa, but would the above be classed as mixing systems?

Id do the acrylic nails, then the gel polish design to finish with a gel top coat (as in something like shellac top coat).

Id do the acrylic nails, then the gel polish design to finish with a gel top coat (as in something like shellac top coat).

Yup I would normally do this too, but I was wondering if I could do it the above way if the client wanted a more permanent design :)

I personally don't think it would work, because the gel polish is softer and has more movement, so the acrylic would probably move and crack causing breakdown because it basically a sandwich on the tip of hard soft hard.

If I want to do a sort of marbled tip, I'd do a layer of clear and then with brush dip into say a blur powder, white powder lay a bit n nail, then again maybe with a different 2 colours getting a sort of marbled effect, then go over with a file to smooth and then clear acrylic and finish

I personally don't think it would work, because the gel polish is softer and has more movement, so the acrylic would probably move and crack causing breakdown because it basically a sandwich on the tip of hard soft hard.

If I want to do a sort of marbled tip, I'd do a layer of clear and then with brush dip into say a blur powder, white powder lay a bit n nail, then again maybe with a different 2 colours getting a sort of marbled effect, then go over with a file to smooth and then clear acrylic and finish

Thanks Maz :) Yes this was my worry too, I think it's a bit too close to the mark of mixing systems.

Just a shame as I always get a better marbled look using gel than L&P.

Why not try it with hard gel, you could mix additives or mica to the gel for colour and apply cure

Why not try it with hard gel, you could mix additives or mica to the gel for colour and apply cure

I don't work with Gel's just L&P, Gelish & Shellac, haven't for years now so don't own any, but I'm doing the Brisa Lite conversion soon so they will be back on the menu as soon as I'm confident with them again :)

Latest posts

Back