Is this possible?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alison Pilkington-Child

Reaction score
I sometimes go sailing where short nails are most advisable but in between I want them longer again. If I start from scratch every time I change I’ll be spending a lot of time with my fingers in acetone!

Is it possible to buff the short nails which have a gel overlay, apply a coat of bonder and sculpt an extension straight on top every other time? I’m not planning on anything really long, just something sensible and practical.

If you are putting gel over then yes, but not L&P. The gel is not a strong enough foundation to hold L&P extension, but gel on gel is fine. Make sure to structure it properly with stress apex etc.

If you are putting gel over then yes, but not L&P. The gel is not a strong enough foundation to hold L&P extension, but gel on gel is fine. Make sure to structure it properly with stress apex etc.

Perfect! I’m trying out NSI Secrets and I didn’t want to compromise strength but the bonder seems pretty good and, as you advise, with a supportive apex I couldn’t see there would be a problem. Always good to check though!

Thank you.

Latest posts

Back