Is this price good/bad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitterbox81

Reaction score
I've never rented a chair before so am a bit clueless. It's a nail desk 2 days a week 1 day is a weekend day. Right in the centre of the high street so loads of passing trade. New salon. they have no problem with me advertising my home salon/other services such as tanning and bridal makeup. Includes bills. £45 a day. I've looked at a few prices elsewhere and they seem to be around 25-30 but aren't in the city centre.

As I'm new I don't have much of a clientele but I think there'd be a decent punt of passing trade. I'd be doing shellac, Gelish, manicures and pedicures. Possibly makeup.

Absolutely any advice is welcomed.

Is the space yours when you want it or is it only them 2 days you are allowed? Remember if you want to start or finish early you should be allowed as such with finishing too along with your choice of uniform and days off.
Remember to advertise your first day early. Do an offer for day one.
Xoxo

I think its worth a try :). What elsw does the salon offer? Does anyone else do nails?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Thanks.

I'd be part time with a view to getting more days down the line. I'd be able to use my own business name uniform etc as far as I know she has another renter the other 5 days which doesn't bother me too much as she offers different brands to me and does enhancements which I don't do so not too much crossover.

It's in a hairdresser so hopefully would mean potential for bridal makeup/hair collabs. 1 of the days is a Sunday which I actually think could work in my favour as as far as I'm aware no other nail or hair places in the town centre are open. I need to check what sort of length of contract she'd be looking at and also the Sunday opening hours although I'm presuming 10-5 as that's what the shops are open in the centre.

To cover rent and products used I'd need 3 customers per day.

Personally I think £45 is expensive, if you were to work 5 days a week your rent would work out at £975 per calendar month. I know you are initially only working 2 days but I just wanted to put it into perspective.

Thanks everyone. She got back to me and they are only open 12 to 5 on a Sunday so I think £45 is way too much for that. I'd have to be fully booked every week to make it worth my time. I think I'm going to pass on this one.

Latest posts

Back