Is this timing OK?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsHarryWinston

Reaction score
Ok so today I removed old Vinylux, did nail prep (cuticles , shaping, dehydration), and applied a gel overlay, base coat, 2 gel costs and top coat, to myself.
I clocked myself at almost exactly 1.5 hrs.

How is that for time?

Starting with bare nails it takes me 1hour. Ive seen a thread else where on this and again from bare nails it takes people 45mins. Hth

Well thats not too bad then doing a polish removal first. I want to get faster but it's nice to know that even though I'm training I'm not taking stupid long right now.

Well thats not too bad then doing a polish removal first. I want to get faster but it's nice to know that even though I'm training I'm not taking stupid long right now.

Don't forget, you were doing your own nails. This factor alone is almost bound to slow you down, especially on your 'Wrong' hand! x

Don't forget, you were doing your own nails. This factor alone is almost bound to slow you down, especially on your 'Wrong' hand! x

Ha! So true. I slowed waaaay down to make sure I didn't get any structure gel flooding my nails on my left hand. I'm pretty good at painting with my right hand for polish but I slow down when it comes to building a slight apex or sculpting and such with my "wrong" hand.
Thanks for reminding me! I also cant paint when I have one hand in the lamp. Yaaaaay!

It takes me aaaaages to do my own, doing one hand at a time slows it down a lot as you would usually be painting one hand while the other is in the lamp. 1.5hrs is pretty good I would say :)

Not that bad, considering you can only cure one hand at a time and you cant work on the other hand then, like you use to do with clients.
:hug:

Thanks guys I feel pretty good about it now.

Latest posts

Back