It's too expensive

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it too expensive

• Total voters

Dani1987

Reaction score
OK so I've had a lot of clients say my course of Microdermabrasion is too expensive.

I work with skinbase and use their PAYG machine. I have a few people who have it done and they love but only have it once a month or so...
whenever I run a special offer or someone gets a voucher they have it because they are not paying full price.

I pay £12.50 per treatment use so I then charge £35, same as a facial or a full body massage which no one questions the price of...
for a course I then charge £30 a session so £180 for 6 sessions..

Due to the fact people seem to find it too expensive I'm thinking should I drop the price or else I'll have to finish up with it as I pay 12.50 a week for it, I don't want to do that as i love the treatment but I need to make a profit from it also.

And perhaps I should mention I'm fully mobile so the treatment is done at home.
Any suggestions would be great.

Your pricing for the MD is already VERY good in comparison to a lot of other salons' pricing, so I would defo say you don't need to reduce the price further, especially as you're mobile too, so have the added travel/time/expense.

Have you tried loyalty cards, before/after pics and stressing the benefit of a course, as opposed to the one-off treatment? Maybe promote an Easter offer or summertime skin prepping? Xx

Latest posts

Back