January blues

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surf girl

Reaction score
I'm just gonna put this out there hoping someone can help find my mojo.... I'm so not looking forward to the 1'st week back in work :( I have some bookings, it's not the business I'm worried about its just the thought of all that gap time Inbetween appointments, I love the rush of Xmas being fully booked back to back & sleeping like a log at night after it (even tho it knackered me!) I just have a really deflated feeling about going back.. All I can vision is cleaning day after day uuugh...

OH is like aw think of all the things you've needed to do around the place you've been too busy to do, you'll have lots of time to get on top of everything now... I'm like oh..yay... I will wash the floor... Horay... :(

Help me get motivated and look at this more positively please!

Does anyone else feel like this?

I've really struggled to shut off and relax this Xmas too, waking up in the middle of the night WIDE awake for ages that's so not like me, I can only think it's because I'm not exhausting myself every day, but on the flip side my body dosent have the energy to exhaust myself! So frustrating! o_O

My MOJO up and left long ago........:p

I still LOVE hair....but the 'profession' IMO, is at risk of becoming 'fast food'!:(

I'm dreading rattling round the place with loads to do but procrastinating like a beast haha, story of my life really lol

I just get totally excited about every new year. I see it as a fresh start for my business.

Two years ago, in January, I made the New Years resolution to look into going LTD. One meeting with an accountant and I knew we had to go LTD. Last year, the books indicated that we would have to go vat registered - another big step. This year I'm excited to be going into the new year building on all I've achieved. I'm knackered - and a lot older than you, but I've come home tonight after a full day's work and I can't wait to get back into it.

I'm doing the small business 100 day challenge, looking to achieve great things in 100 days. It's completely free, and it's got me excited for the new year. Working ON your business can often be more important than just working IN your business. Take this opportunity to look forward to the changes you want to make. How will your business grow? What advertising do you have in place? What was great last year and what was crap? I made some super crap decisions last year, but I won't make them again lol!

I get fed up of retail gurus, salon gurus, business advisers and so called entrepreneurs telling me that for x amount per month they can give me the secrets of success. Some of them leave me cold. I'm much happier growing my business my way, and the 100 day challenge really hits the spot for me. I've never done it before, so wish me luck!

Plan what you're going to do in any gaps you have. Do you have online booking yet? Do you have a data base for your clients? Think about what you can do that other salons don't do, and do it.

Be excited - there's a whole new year ahead of us!

Vic x

sometimes its ok to have those little dips, we can't keep at that high energy all the time, I know its hard but let yourself relax up a little and restore your balance

im like you love the buzz and pressure of intense working and hate when things are going at a slower pace, I need pressure to do things in life, maybe you the same?

I take it a bit easier in January and slightly reduce my hours so im coming into fully booked days, working less hours but keeping up that high pace, January for me is about working smart and using that time off to do accounts and booking keeping stuff and chilling out a bit

Surf girl! It's your skivvys (apprentices) that should be doing the cleaning!!

I'm going to use my quiet time to refresh some paint work, stock take, get my dad to do all the DIY I've been asking for the past 20months!
Look into Phorest booking system.
Etc etc.

:):)
I just get totally excited about every new year. I see it as a fresh start for my business.

Two years ago, in January, I made the New Years resolution to look into going LTD. One meeting with an accountant and I knew we had to go LTD. Last year, the books indicated that we would have to go vat registered - another big step. This year I'm excited to be going into the new year building on all I've achieved. I'm knackered - and a lot older than you, but I've come home tonight after a full day's work and I can't wait to get back into it.

I'm doing the small business 100 day challenge, looking to achieve great things in 100 days. It's completely free, and it's got me excited for the new year. Working ON your business can often be more important than just working IN your business. Take this opportunity to look forward to the changes you want to make. How will your business grow? What advertising do you have in place? What was great last year and what was crap? I made some super crap decisions last year, but I won't make them again lol!

I get fed up of retail gurus, salon gurus, business advisers and so called entrepreneurs telling me that for x amount per month they can give me the secrets of success. Some of them leave me cold. I'm much happier growing my business my way, and the 100 day challenge really hits the spot for me. I've never done it before, so wish me luck!

Plan what you're going to do in any gaps you have. Do you have online booking yet? Do you have a data base for your clients? Think about what you can do that other salons don't do, and do it.

Be excited - there's a whole new year ahead of us!

Vic x
I love this! Your so inspirational vic! Xxx :D where can I find out more about the 100 day challenge? I've googled but not found the right sort of thing. I have a brand new sparkly notebook from smiggle waiting for just this sort of thing! :)

sometimes its ok to have those little dips, we can't keep at that high energy all the time, I know its hard but let yourself relax up a little and restore your balance

im like you love the buzz and pressure of intense working and hate when things are going at a slower pace, I need pressure to do things in life, maybe you the same?

I take it a bit easier in January and slightly reduce my hours so im coming into fully booked days, working less hours but keeping up that high pace, January for me is about working smart and using that time off to do accounts and booking keeping stuff and chilling out a bit
I like this idea of reducing working hours, I'll try to pack customers in to chunks of the day to up the pace & use the other time for working on the business :) I was in today busy right through and have till Monday off now so I'll try really hard to chill a bit now, thank you :)

Surf girl! It's your skivvys (apprentices) that should be doing the cleaning!!

I'm going to use my quiet time to refresh some paint work, stock take, get my dad to do all the DIY I've been asking for the past 20months!
Look into Phorest booking system.
Etc etc.
I need to do some lists of things to do I think! Well my niece (Saturday girl) gave me the best look ever today when I suggested the juniors do some cleaning next week even she knows how useless they are lol, my blinkin chair renter today tho left me a fabulous parting gift as she left the salon today! Diddnt tell anyone anything had happened, used a tea towel to smudge a coffe spillage around the kitchen floor left it in a wet heap under the sink and this! Lucky she'd gone b4 I saw it! :mad: This is job number 1!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 136
It's the business bakery 100 day challenge @surf girl.

We can compare notes! I need a sparkly new notebook :(

I need to do some lists of things to do I think! Well my niece (Saturday girl) gave me the best look ever today when I suggested the juniors do some cleaning next week even she knows how useless they are lol, my blinkin chair renter today tho left me a fabulous parting gift as she left the salon today! Diddnt tell anyone anything had happened, used a tea towel to smudge a coffe spillage around the kitchen floor left it in a wet heap under the sink and this! Lucky she'd gone b4 I saw it! :mad: This is job number 1!
How the hell do you even manage to make that mess?!

What sort of things would you try and achieve over the 100 days? Do you do 1 BIG thing. Or a couple of little ones.

What sort of things would you try and achieve over the 100 days? Do you do 1 BIG thing. Or a couple of little ones.
I think it's up to you but you decide and then work on it.

I'm doing one big one ;)

I'm having a mind blank of what to work on?

Something like increase my turnover by X amount. Or increase clients through the door, appreciate existing clients more, target better with advertising? That sort of thing?

I wish I hadn't had 2 glasses of wine now can't think straight I'll be back tommorow to discuss this! o_O Lol

Happy new year girls xxxx:)

Aw this is awesome /squidgernetball! I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed - a 100 day challenge is the perfect structure I need to reduce my "to do" list to a manageable size.

This 100 day challenge is exactly what I tried to create myself earlier in the year, it was too hard to get it all organised so this is a godsend!

I'm having a mind blank of what to work on?

Something like increase my turnover by X amount. Or increase clients through the door, appreciate existing clients more, target better with advertising? That sort of thing?
I just looked at it and thought all those thoughts too :/

Latest posts

Back