Journey Person Nail Technician Testing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tips_n_toes

Reaction score
Just a question for all of you...

Recently (May 15th I believe), Nail technicians in Saskatchewan are able to Test to become a Journeyperson.

Do any of you have any advice for studying?? I always get messed up with the diseases so I know that I have to study that a lot..but other than that?

I passed my Training 5 years ago with 98% written and 99% practical, but now I can be recognized in my province as a trade. I am excited an nervous at the same time.

We are to study out of the following textbooks Milady's Standard nail Technology and Salon Fundamentals Nail Technician by Pivot Point. Are any of you familiar with these textbooks? Do they come with exam preps or workbooks?

thanks Everyone!

Just a question for all of you...

Recently (May 15th I believe), Nail technicians in Saskatchewan are able to Test to become a Journeyperson.

Do any of you have any advice for studying?? I always get messed up with the diseases so I know that I have to study that a lot..but other than that?
study at least an hour every day/night. quiz yourself on nail diseases until you know the meaning for each word, and what meaning is what word. then do it by photos to know what each one look like and can look at the photo and know the name nd the meaning.

I passed my Training 5 years ago with 98% written and 99% practical, but now I can be recognized in my province as a trade. I am excited an nervous at the same time.
wow, you got your scores, all i got was either a pass of fail...lol

We are to study out of the following textbooks Milady's Standard nail Technology and Salon Fundamentals Nail Technician by Pivot Point. Are any of you familiar with these textbooks? Do they come with exam preps or workbooks?
my course was with miladys, very full of information. there is a text book, a work book and a review testing book. the review has a ton of self testing chapters with answers in the back to prepare you for state exams. its very good if you can pass the indiviual chapters you will pass the state exams.the workbook is a review of questions for each chapter. im not sure but i think there is also review questions in the text book..id have to double check, it's been a while since i have looked at it. i dont know about the books from pivot point.

thanks Everyone!

dont stress over any of it, you passed with great scores...so you'll be fine.

Latest posts

Back