Juicing - any good? Can anyone recommend a good/easy juicer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Thinking of juicing for a week to shift so me of my blubber.

Have read the book and am tempted by all the health benefits so this may help me stay on track!

Anyone done it and can anyone recommend a good juicer? I like the look of the Philips one Jason thingy recommends but its £199 ffs ... but I would like one which is easy to use and clean and which can cope with whole fruit. Is there such a thing under this price?

Have a look at the breville active juicer thats fab

NutriBullitt £99.00

I'm going to get the nutribullet next week, it sounds fab and it's really neat to have sitting in your kitchen! I read before that by juicing things you are actually losing a lot if the goodness out of them, like fibre etc, but the nutribullet just blends everything so finely that it's liquid. I have the magic bullet and I've gotten so much use out of it! If you look for the nutribullet on YouTube the ads show it really well!

I've just realised I sound like a sales rep 😱 I'm not I just can't wait to get one 😄

Amanda xx

Think I need to read up about it because my first thought is 'why not just eat the food and then you get a meal and you get to chew something'

I'll have been juicing for 3 weeks on Friday, I have a fruit juice made from strawberries, apples & pears in a morning & four glasses of green juice made up from celery, cucumber, kale, & apples at various times throughout the day.

I've been juicing Monday through to Friday and having health meals at the weekends and so far it's going good for me, at my 2week point last Friday I had lost 11lbs and I will weigh again this Friday.

Not going to lie sometimes it is really difficult, not so much during the day but Deffinately in the evenings when my partner is sat scoffing and if I'm really struggling I'll make up some sweet potato done in the oven.

I just bought a cookworks black&silver juicer from Argos it was £39.99 it's really easy to take apart and clean and does the job just fine without spending silly money.

As gruelling as it sounds it's the best one I've done, no headaches or feeling funny at all because despite the fact your not having full meals mon - fri your body is getting so much goodness from the juice.

Also started drinking shed loads more water in the past 3 weeks than I ever have before and I feel loads better for it

Xx

I'll have been juicing for 3 weeks on Friday, I have a fruit juice made from strawberries, apples & pears in a morning & four glasses of green juice made up from celery, cucumber, kale, & apples at various times throughout the day.

I've been juicing Monday through to Friday and having health meals at the weekends and so far it's going good for me, at my 2week point last Friday I had lost 11lbs and I will weigh again this Friday.

Not going to lie sometimes it is really difficult, not so much during the day but Deffinately in the evenings when my partner is sat scoffing and if I'm really struggling I'll make up some sweet potato done in the oven.

I just bought a cookworks black&silver juicer from Argos it was £39.99 it's really easy to take apart and clean and does the job just fine without spending silly money.

As gruelling as it sounds it's the best one I've done, no headaches or feeling funny at all because despite the fact your not having full meals mon - fri your body is getting so much goodness from the juice.

Also started drinking shed loads more water in the past 3 weeks than I ever have before and I feel loads better for it

Xx

That's a very well priced juicer . . . . can you put whole fruit into it? (well done on sticking to it btw xx)

That's a very well priced juicer . . . . can you put whole fruit into it? (well done on sticking to it btw xx)

I thought the same, and I actually think its on sale at the minute for £29.99 in Argos so even better. I think its a brilliant juicer for the money, really easy to take apart and clean as well. Yep you can put whole fruit in, I chop my cucumbers in half and my apples to make them fit down the Shute easier tho.

Thankyou :) it's been really tough but when you see good results it spurs you on doesn't it Xx

I'm going to get the nutribullet next week, it sounds fab and it's really neat to have sitting in your kitchen! I read before that by juicing things you are actually losing a lot if the goodness out of them, like fibre etc, but the nutribullet just blends everything so finely that it's liquid. I have the magic bullet and I've gotten so much use out of it! If you look for the nutribullet on YouTube the ads show it really well!

I've just realised I sound like a sales rep 😱 I'm not I just can't wait to get one 😄

Amanda xx

You're getting all the nutrients you need from juicing, without the fibre.

The difference between juicing and blending is when juicing you're resting the body from having to digest ... With the nutribullet the fibre still needs to be digested. I try to juice once a month, I do 3-5 days and I love it! I use Jason vales books and have the Sage Nutri Juicer (john Lewis, £150) it's fairly easy to clean ... Use a freezer bag to line the waste bucket so it's easy to clean.

Have you watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead with Joe Cross? Xx

You're getting all the nutrients you need from juicing, without the fibre.

Everybody needs fibre, some people eat enough in their regular meals so juicing would be fine, other don't so would benefit more for blending. I read this a while ago when I was looking into getting the nutribullet instead of a juicer, anyone wondering which method (juicing or blending) to go for might find it interesting...

"There’s fiber in smoothies and no fiber in juices. That’s when people often go astray.
The argument I hear from clients, friends, and gym fellas in favor of juices is that “they have no fiber so your body absorbs the nutrients better.” We need fiber, and most people are not getting enough fiber as is.

Here are some fiber facts:
Fiber is the single most important piece of detoxing.
We ingest toxins and chemicals with food like pesticides and accrylimides from charred meats, and our bodies create toxic by-products during metabolism. Fiber binds with these toxins to push them out of your body as waste. When you don’t have enough fiber, you won’t eliminate as often, and the waste will sit in your digestive tract (colon) longer. This means toxins have more time to infiltrate into your body. Adequate insoluble fiber has been linked to a lower risk of developing digestive conditions like Crohn’s disease and colon cancer.

Fiber slows down the release of glucose into your blood stream, preventing blood sugar (glucose) spikes.
While people with pre-diabetes and diabetes should be especially cautious if they opt for juice over a smoothie, everyone would benefit from a slow steady raise in blood glucose. Too much natural sugars from fruits without fiber to slow the digestion and absorption down will cause a spike in blood glucose. Your pancreas will secrete insulin to push glucose into your cells, and when the pancreas overcompensates as a result of a glucose spike, your blood sugar will drop causing a ‘crash’ and mood swings. Fruit juices alone won’t cause insulin resistance, but considering that most Americans eat more sugar and refined carbs than they should and not enough fiber, you want to get as much fiber as you can at every opportunity.

Fiber lowers total cholesterol and ‘bad’ cholesterol (LDL).
Soluble fiber forms a gel in your intestines that binds with cholesterol preventing its absorption. Diets high in soluble fiber (10-25 g a day) are recommended are part of nutrition therapy to lower cholesterol.

Fiber fills you up and helps you lose weight.
Fiber slows down gastric emptying, the process of food leaving your stomach to travel to the intestines. With fiber, your meal stays in your stomach longer so it takes more time for you to feel hungry again. Who wouldn’t want that! Slow gastric emptying also prevents quick glucose absorption and sugar spikes.

Proponents of juicing claim that you’ll get more fruit and vegetable servings in a cup of juice because when the pulp (fiber) is removed, you’ll use more produce to make the juice creating a more nutrient-dense drink. While this may be true for some vitamins and minerals, you’re still missing the fiber. And it’s as important."

Amanda xx

Everybody needs fibre, some people eat enough in their regular meals so juicing would be fine, other don't so would benefit more for blending. I read this a while ago when I was looking into getting the nutribullet instead of a juicer, anyone wondering which method (juicing or blending) to go for might find it interesting...

"There’s fiber in smoothies and no fiber in juices. That’s when people often go astray.
The argument I hear from clients, friends, and gym fellas in favor of juices is that “they have no fiber so your body absorbs the nutrients better.” We need fiber, and most people are not getting enough fiber as is.

We ingest toxins and chemicals with food like pesticides and accrylimides from charred meats, and our bodies create toxic by-products during metabolism. Fiber binds with these toxins to push them out of your body as waste. When you don’t have enough fiber, you won’t eliminate as often, and the waste will sit in your digestive tract (colon) longer. This means toxins have more time to infiltrate into your body. Adequate insoluble fiber has been linked to a lower risk of developing digestive conditions like Crohn’s disease and colon cancer.

Fiber slows down the release of glucose into your blood stream, preventing blood sugar (glucose) spikes.
While people with pre-diabetes and diabetes should be especially cautious if they opt for juice over a smoothie, everyone would benefit from a slow steady raise in blood glucose. Too much natural sugars from fruits without fiber to slow the digestion and absorption down will cause a spike in blood glucose. Your pancreas will secrete insulin to push glucose into your cells, and when the pancreas overcompensates as a result of a glucose spike, your blood sugar will drop causing a ‘crash’ and mood swings. Fruit juices alone won’t cause insulin resistance, but considering that most Americans eat more sugar and refined carbs than they should and not enough fiber, you want to get as much fiber as you can at every opportunity.

Soluble fiber forms a gel in your intestines that binds with cholesterol preventing its absorption. Diets high in soluble fiber (10-25 g a day) are recommended are part of nutrition therapy to lower cholesterol.

Fiber slows down gastric emptying, the process of food leaving your stomach to travel to the intestines. With fiber, your meal stays in your stomach longer so it takes more time for you to feel hungry again. Who wouldn’t want that! Slow gastric emptying also prevents quick glucose absorption and sugar spikes.

Proponents of juicing claim that you’ll get more fruit and vegetable servings in a cup of juice because when the pulp (fiber) is removed, you’ll use more produce to make the juice creating a more nutrient-dense drink. While this may be true for some vitamins and minerals, you’re still missing the fiber. And it’s as important."

Amanda xx

Blimey.

Thanks for that :)

So. . . . I already have a Kenwood blender so can I actually stuff whole fruits and veggies in there?

And get myself a juicer separately? As it would seem you need both ideally.

I've only ever blended softened veg etc for soups lol

Blimey.

Thanks for that :)

So. . . . I already have a Kenwood blender so can I actually stuff whole fruits and veggies in there?

And get myself a juicer separately? As it would seem you need both ideally.

I've only ever blended softened veg etc for soups lol

Yeah, the Nutribullet and Blend Active are both very similar and if not the same!

I have Breville blend active, it was £17 from sainsburys at the time and I cant fault it. If you want smoothies and thicker shakes, the Breville active would be spot on.

If, on the other hand you want light juices, a juicer would be best!

Amanda xx

It's not about cutting fibre out of your diet for good, juicing for health gives your body a rest. Jason Vale and Joe Cross have shown how juice fasting has helped to heal the body of dis-ease.

Latest posts

Back