Can anyone recommend a good brand of polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimberley-r

Reaction score
Hi, I've got my nail qualification and am just practising on myself and family to get my confidence up. I've spent a fortune on vinylux over the past year but I have to say I'm not very impressed. I like the sheer colours but not keen on the opaque ones, and I don't feel there's a wide enough range of colours!

Can anyone reccomend a good brand? And one you would use on potential clients too. I have a few OPI ones that are quite good, one Essie which I love the colour of but chipped after a few days.

I've chosen to use NSI gel so was wondering if they do a good polish? I'm also hoping to try Polish Pro in the future.

Many thanks :)

Hi

I actually really like vinylux but everyone is different. Before vinylux I really really loved china glaze, it went on easy and the finish was great (so long as didn't get smudged) and there's quite a lot of choice there.
Not sure about any through Nsi though sorry.

Hi

I actually really like vinylux but everyone is different. Before vinylux I really really loved china glaze, it went on easy and the finish was great (so long as didn't get smudged) and there's quite a lot of choice there.
Not sure about any through Nsi though sorry.

Thanks :) I like certain colours like Beau, Negligee, Lilac Longing, Grapefruit Sparkle but then others like Cake Pop, Purple Purple etc I can't get to grips with, they seem to go on like tippex! A few I've had a while are now very thick and unuseable :(

I might order a china glaze colour and topcoat to see what it's like thanks :)

I have over 150 polishes (regular polish) and my biggest brand stock is China Glaze there are just so many colours to pick from! OPI is good, it doesn't seem to last long on my nails...but I know people love it. Morgan Taylor is a recent addition to my collection and is pretty decent, I've had my current polish (Varsity Jacket Blues) on since Sunday with no chips/wear. You can get all of these in Sallys.
Nails inc and essie are good brands too but nails inc is a bit pricey. You can get Nails Inc & Essie in superdrug/boots so its maybe not as 'exclusive' as you might want to offer?

I did have a bit of trouble at first too but now seems fine.
I was told to roll them between hands before use to mix up but without getting bubbles like if you shake and then apply as you would and then top coat but it was the top coat I had more trouble applying and was dragging rather than letting it float if that makes sense.
Do you have a sallys? They sell china glaze x

I did have a bit of trouble at first too but now seems fine.
I was told to roll them between hands before use to mix up but without getting bubbles like if you shake and then apply as you would and then top coat but it was the top coat I had more trouble applying and was dragging rather than letting it float if that makes sense.
Do you have a sallys? They sell china glaze x

I know what you mean with the top coat it does seem to drag. Rather than glide on. It seems to me once I've used it a few times it loses it's quality and doesn't go on as well! Yes there is a Sally's not too far away, do they actually stock the polishes there? X

Yes it took me a while to get the hang of it but I make sure out rub the bottle to mix up top coat like the polish and get bit on the brush so looks a bit of drop on the end and then use that and float it on rather than touching the nail with the brush itself if that makes sense?
But yes, in the sallys here they stock china glaze, opi and a couple others too I think. Meh be wait til vat free then you could get a couple different nodes to try and won't cost you as much x

I use Nubar and just started using Sparitual which I am going to order more of, if you give them a ring they may send you a sample they did with me, also they do the small bottles which is handy. and both do lots of different colours and effects.

I second sparitual! Love all the products. I also use a few opi and china glaze

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes it took me a while to get the hang of it but I make sure out rub the bottle to mix up top coat like the polish and get bit on the brush so looks a bit of drop on the end and then use that and float it on rather than touching the nail with the brush itself if that makes sense?
But yes, in the sallys here they stock china glaze, opi and a couple others too I think. Meh be wait til vat free then you could get a couple different nodes to try and won't cost you as much x

Sally's is currently running an offer on China Glaze, Morgan Taylor and Nina Pro polish both in store and online might be worth having a look....

Latest posts

Back