Jumping in on a new product rant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkerbell80

Reaction score
When will I learn! I'm a Shellac user and get really good results with it except for a couple of people who have really poor nails.
I'm easily caught up in the hype of a new product expecting it to be better than what I have already. I've done it twice now in the last year. Only for it not to live up to the hype!
As a small mobile business I need to stick with what I know works!!

When will I learn! I'm a Shellac user and get really good results with it except for a couple of people who have really poor nails.
I'm easily caught up in the hype of a new product expecting it to be better than what I have already. I've done it twice now in the last year. Only for it not to live up to the hype!
As a small mobile business I need to stick with what I know works!!

Please tell....what were the 'new products'

Have you tried IBX on the ones with poor nails?.

Yeah I love ibx and it's helps massively, thank you! Also it's down to people not oiling their nails and expecting miracles [emoji2]

I know the feeling... I'm currently considering trying the new magpie gel range and I'm too a Shellac user and like you some get more than two weeks on some others only just get over a week's wear. One of my recent ladies said they came off in hot water and the other is blaming solar oil for her bendy nails?! So I've been looking into another brand I have ilac ink London already but don't really rate it much. I just don't want to keep buying out all the time When I'm not sure if it's necessary. I do user bonder on some ladies now and find it does work but not sure why others struggle but constantly blame myself. Then start looking at other brands!

I'm not sure it's fair to say RED STAR [emoji2]

Can you let us know what new products you don't get on with? X

I know the feeling... I'm currently considering trying the new magpie gel range and I'm too a Shellac user and like you some get more than two weeks on some others only just get over a week's wear. One of my recent ladies said they came off in hot water and the other is blaming solar oil for her bendy nails?! So I've been looking into another brand I have ilac ink London already but don't really rate it much. I just don't want to keep buying out all the time When I'm not sure if it's necessary. I do user bonder on some ladies now and find it does work but not sure why others struggle but constantly blame myself. Then start looking at other brands!

I'm glad I'm not alone!

I would say it's one lady in particular that I have tried to "win" with her nails and this has made me look at other products when i should have just thought her nails are weak and not suitable for my products. (with Ibx we had the occasional 3 wks but mostly a week and a half)

I think that no matter what product you choose there will be some people and therapists who get on with it and others that don't.

Its def a learning curve. I would say if you do decide to try any products go with one to try it out rather than be tempted to buy more, like I did [emoji51]

It's ok to try new products, but don't dive into purchasing the whole line until you've made a few small purchases and have decided that you like it.

Not oiling isn't very helpful. Have you got any duraforce top coat?.

If you have you could do base coat, duraforce, colour coat, duraforce. It's meant to replace Brisa smoothing gel.

Not oiling isn't very helpful. Have you got any duraforce top coat?.

If you have you could do base coat, duraforce, colour coat, duraforce. It's meant to replace Brisa smoothing gel.

DuraForce twice will really lengthen your removal time and I wouldn't recommend it, DuraForce alone as a topcoat is excellent!

Thank you, I have asked sweet squared and they said there is no need to double up on duraforce, the single layer of duraforce is the same as brisa. Although I have found it useful for some but it does take longer to remove.

Ladies, I've used all different kinds of gel but I always go back to my IBD gel. Almost 5 weeks growth, not a chip. Not everyone is going to have these results because this particular client knows to take care of her nails, but if clients come to me and say they are having issues, I know with confidence that it isn't my application, that they have changed something or are doing something to their nails! I use Gelish foundation by the way, and Gelish Top It Off.
2013.jpeg

Ladies, I've used all different kinds of gel but I always go back to my IBD gel. Almost 5 weeks growth, not a chip. Not everyone is going to have these results because this particular client knows to take care of her nails, but if clients come to me and say they are having issues, I know with confidence that it isn't my application, that they have changed something or are doing something to their nails! I use Gelish foundation by the way, and Gelish Top It Off.View attachment 204314
I like IBD but sometimes the colors don't have the best coverage.. who sells ibd in the US?

I like IBD but sometimes the colors don't have the best coverage.. who sells ibd in the US?
I will do more than 2 coats if necessary. Usually can get coverage in 3 on the thinner colors.

There are two different store locations that I use to purchase IBD gel in Oklahoma City.

Latest posts

Back