Just a little message to say hi : )

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeekFace

Reaction score
I'd just like to say hi and introduce myself as I think I will be spending a lot of time on this site. I have been logging on to this site on and off for a couple of years now- since I was at college studying beauty therapy. I think the information on the site is invaluable and cannot believe how much I have learned!!

As I said, I qualified as a beauty therapist a few years ago, but carried on with my full time day job in a government office as I was saving up to travel the world (which I am currently in the middle of now- currently typing this message from my hotel in Vietnam!!) Anyway, after leaving my job and coming away, I have had a lot of time to think about what the future will hold and have decided to re-educate myself and get back in there.

I arrive in Perth, Australia in March (have a visa for a year) and through this site found out about the Australian Nail Academy. I have inquired about the CND L&P course which I am interested in and hopefully will secure a place once I arrive. I am so excited and nervous but hopefully, it'll be the best decision I have made. I think I may also take up the Spa Manicure and Pedicure course they offer as a refresher- as I said its been a long time and by the sound of some of the threads on here, there is a lot more to the process with the CND products.

Was wondering if any other beauty therapists have taken the SPA Mani/Pedi course and could recommend or did they just watch the DVD that is provided instead of taking up the training?? x

I'd just like to say hi and introduce myself as I think I will be spending a lot of time on this site. I have been logging on to this site on and off for a couple of years now- since I was at college studying beauty therapy. I think the information on the site is invaluable and cannot believe how much I have learned!!

As I said, I qualified as a beauty therapist a few years ago, but carried on with my full time day job in a government office as I was saving up to travel the world (which I am currently in the middle of now- currently typing this message from my hotel in Vietnam!!) Anyway, after leaving my job and coming away, I have had a lot of time to think about what the future will hold and have decided to re-educate myself and get back in there.

I arrive in Perth, Australia in March (have a visa for a year) and through this site found out about the Australian Nail Academy. I have inquired about the CND L&P course which I am interested in and hopefully will secure a place once I arrive. I am so excited and nervous but hopefully, it'll be the best decision I have made. I think I may also take up the Spa Manicure and Pedicure course they offer as a refresher- as I said its been a long time and by the sound of some of the threads on here, there is a lot more to the process with the CND products.

Was wondering if any other beauty therapists have taken the SPA Mani/Pedi course and could recommend or did they just watch the DVD that is provided instead of taking up the training?? x
Good luck..

Sounds a great plan, and I did much the same I had a full time career in another field, and reduced my days each week and trained myself, and then took a career break and went and lived in Crete and worked in a Spa , which I loved , came back to London, and worked for a year part time whilst I set up my business and now work full time from home, and I love every minute of it... Its a great industry..

Enjoy your travels, and I hope all your plans come together..

Jack

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your message of support. Your story sounds amazing. I just hope that I have the same sucess that you have had. I plan on completing as much education/practise as possible so I can be at the top of my game and then hopefully carve out a successful career in the industry. x

Hey, glad to hear you are enjoying the globetrotting!

I am so excited to hear you are planning to do CND in Perth. The lady who runs the Creative nail academy there, Leita is just a brilliant educator and an old friend and her mother in law is an even older one!, lol. She and I attended CND bootcamp in San Diego and were roomies together a long time ago and have been friends ever since. You must give my love to Leita and enjoy your time in beautiful Perth ... Such a great place. I'm envious. :hug:

Hi Geeg,

Thank you for your message- I searched the SalonGeek website and actually found her details from a previous post that you had replied to so thank you for the helpful information!!

I was actually quite worried as I was unsure whether I could get CND training in Australia but now I'm so excited. I've contacted the Australian Nail Academy to find out more information but am still awaiting a reply- but hopefully I will get on their L&P course in March and then follow it up with the SPA Mani/Pedi- oh and Shellac- I have been well and truly sold after researching and reading the great reviews about that treatment : ) x

Hi Geeg,

Thank you for your message- I searched the SalonGeek website and actually found her details from a previous post that you had replied to so thank you for the helpful information!!

I was actually quite worried as I was unsure whether I could get CND training in Australia but now I'm so excited. I've contacted the Australian Nail Academy to find out more information but am still awaiting a reply- but hopefully I will get on their L&P course in March and then follow it up with the SPA Mani/Pedi- oh and Shellac- I have been well and truly sold after researching and reading the great reviews about that treatment : ) x

Send me your contact details privately and I will personally send them on to Leita. (pronounced lay-ita).:hug:

Latest posts

Back