Just a quick beauty question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Sorry to seem thick, but which one is better to use for eyelash tinting, i did my course yesterday and the tutor said blue/black is a stronger colour than black, i wouldve thought black would be the stronger colour please can someone advise which one is stronger thanks x x x

Hi there!!

I do quite alot of eyelash tinting!!!
I always mix black and blue/black together!!
It get really, really dark and last aswell!!!

Hope this helps!!

Tilly xx

I don't know which one is stronger - but my opinion is that blue black is more attractive and most clients seem to prefer it than black.
I'll ask my lecturer when I am at college again!

When i did my beauty training we were taught that black mixed with blue is darker than just black on its own.

emma

I always have blue/black! it looks lovely! :biggrin:

xx

Blue black IS the darkest, same for permanent makeup too - never use it on eyebrows though (although some black and asian hair types could take it as their own hair is blue black)

I was told blue/black as well, so it's the one I tend to use. Funnily enough, although it is supposedly darker to my eye it is also 'softer' somehow, more attractive than just black.

I did a friend the other day who is dark blonde and usually wears brown mascara... used a mix of blue/black and brown but used more blue/black than I meant to - oops! However, she loved it! Although her lashes are now dark they're less harsh somehow than just slapping on the old black mascara.

I only actually have blue/black and brown in my kit because they seem to cover all eventualities. The brown is still enough to tint my mum's eyebrows which are thin now, but naturally very dark, so I didn't feel the need to buy a black at all.

By the way, were you taught by salon systems? Because we were, but advised to buy their Combinal tint rather than the standard one because it's meant to be better quality - don't know if that info might be useful for peeps!

xx

Combinal tint rather than the standard one because it's meant to be better quality - don't know if that info might be useful for peeps!

xx[/QUOTE]

Hiya, What's the combinal tint from Salon System, is it new?

Blue Black contains the strongest pigments and is the darkest of all the tints. I use Professional Beauty ones from Beauty Express (mail order)....I use only blue/black, black, and brown and with those combinations you can tailor the tint for each client. Like one of my regulars has very sparse brows and I find brown on its own does not provide her with the definition she needs.....but apply a little bit of black (the merest hint here tho!) and you get a stronger, more appropriate colour. Same with lashes....a mix of blue/blk and black can often just be a little bit better for someone who has pale lashes.

Latest posts

Back