just call me leighton!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suey

Reaction score
Okay, well maybe not quite leighton, but i did try to copy Loo's nails :o

Please take note that it is my right hand, and i don't charge anywhere near the same price as LD....i'm working on it though, lol!

Attachments

• myleightons!.jpg
    myleightons!.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 224
Very Nice sue;) Better give Leighton a call seems he's got competion lol

Wow! Very nice!

What glitter did you use?

Lulu :)

They're beautiful ... i'm loving glitter tips right now !

Thanks girls....okay i must be honest, i read all the threads about sculpting, so, on my left hand i thought i'd give it a try, well...'em :o okay they weren't as bad as i thought they would be, but not exactly that good either! So i must admit i cheated, i used glitter tips, naughty i know, but i was trying to imagine what my right hand would look like :eek: if my left wasn't exactly up to scratch!!!

Actually i was just thinking, (which is a rather strange thing for me anyway) i read that leighton had used glitter, so i did the same, i should've just got out my pot of silver screen....brian dead, and it's only Wednesday!

suey said:
Okay, well maybe not quite leighton, but i did try to copy Loo's nails :o

Please take note that it is my right hand, and i don't charge anywhere near the same price as LD....i'm working on it though, lol!

Suey - do you want any constructive comments on these that may help you??

Yes please, i would welcome it. Thank you. (Unless it's "let someone else do your right hand from now on Sue!")

Oooh, I love these. I'm such a sucker for glitter tips and a bit of bling :Love:

well done on giving the glitter tips a go it is hard when doing them on your own hands isnt it!! I like the fact you seem to have got them quite thin at the free edge which looks good. Where did you get your little stars from? They are similar to the ones I had in my nails I think?? I love the glitter look and have recently done some different coloured glitter tips on my sisters nails its great fun and she has had so many good comments on them when she has been out shopping. I think people notice them more as they are fun and different to the usual french look we see as much as I love french I will always love the bling bling nails and Leightons silver tips with hologram effect and stars are top on my faves for my favourite sparkle look. Its great that he has inspired you as well. :cool:

Thanks Loo. I used The mylar fantasies crystal stars, silver squares, Ab rhinestones and the flowers, which i got from jackie mc. I wish i'd made the smile lines deeper though, the little finger is too low down, the apex isn't right.....best not go on or i'll depress myself. But i have had a lot of positive comments, but then it's " I'll just have my normal pink and whites" lol! Although i have managed to sneak in a few mylar fantasies on a few clients nails! x

Sue, when you say you used glitter tips do you mean the ones that you sell on site, or that you stuck glitter onto a normal tip and then stuck in onto your nail (like that NSI technique). I've wondered about those glitter tips because I find that once you've stuck the glitter onto an existing tip it all gets a bit bulky for my liking. Not tried it much though so not exactly an expert :D

Sorry Suey I said I would critique them for you!
Firstly, watch your zone application - way too much for zone 1 - look particularly at the little finger as the smile is not really smiling and is way low (if it was placed higher, the little finger would look much longer!) so, too much tip and not enough smile. There are also Egyptian hats going on; make sure you tailor the tip down the side so that it is not 'fanning' out. Watch your light line - quite bumpy on the nails you can see and be more thorough on your finishing - the top finger in particular looks bumpy. You have got a great shine and good clarity - for your first attempt you should be very proud! Great Job!

Thank you for your help Samantha, I appreciate it, and have already started filing them. it is amazing actually studying a photograph of your own work and how critical it makes you, a brilliant way to learn. Give me a few more years i am hoping i will be ampidextrous and able to do both hands perfectly!

Thanks again. x

Pm'd you Lol!

Latest posts

Back