Quantcast

Help to achieve semi-permanent result

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Sixten_sis

Reaction score
Hello! Due to a very sensitive scalp I haven't been able to dye my hair for years, but now I've found a professional brand that works really well for me - Tecna (Italian). The problem is that I don't know how to use it at home. I tried it in a salon but I can't afford to pay 120 $ each month, which is how often I need to have it done. So I would be very grateful if someone here could offer me som advice :)

What I need help with is to figure out how I should mix it, which developer to choose and how long to leave it in my hair. I want to achieve a semi-permanent result (I think you call it toning?), that washes out in 1-2 months.

I'm using the same color as my hair, so not going darker or lighter. I have some grey hair, maybe 20%, which I know will not be fully covered, but this is what I want right now.

The color I'm using is this (text in Italian) Tecna NCC 8.0 Biondo Chiaro Biorganic Acid Color 3x130ml

I have used this brand once before with 20 volumes and I left it in my hair for about 40 minutes. It became a permanent color, which I don't want.

When the salon did it recently, they left it in my hair for about 50-60 minutes but I don't know which developer they used. The result was semi-permanent and has now washed out a lot after 5 weeks.

These are the instructions found on the website, but I'm really not sure what to do since those suggest how to cover grey hair 100%. I don't want it to be permanent again.

INSTRUCTIONS
Mixing - covering white hair: mix with the same amount of developer in a 1: 1 ratio

Mixing - Lightening: mix in a ratio of developer 1: 1.5

LAYING TIME
12 VOLUMES 3% - 30 MINUTES (35 MINUTES FOR WHITES)
20 VOLUMES 6% - 35 MINUTES (40 MINUTES FOR WHITES)
30 VOLUMES 9% - 40 MINUTES (45 MINUTES FOR WHITES)
40 VOLUMES 12% - 45 MINUTES (50 MINUTES FOR WHITES)

Can anyone please advice mw how to achieve a semi-permanent result?

Many thanks :)
Sofia

Haircutz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Sorry, this forum is for qualified professionals only and it’s against the forum rules to provide technical colouring advice to a diy-er/potential client.

Latest posts