Just how much info do you get on the Shellac Brings em Back course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trudy.trudylee

Reaction score
i am new to nails & have done a generic gel nail course but after doing approx 15 sets of nails, i know there is alot of room for improvement & i am finding out the hard, expensive ways my errors. i am considering the shellac brings em back course but i dont want to spend more money if they only go into the basics of applying the product, would they cover troubleshooting, would the teacher really help & show just how thin the coats need to be. i dont want to go on a course that just shows a brief application & removal as i need more than that, i need to know inside out what the product does. as my nearest course centre is 2 odd hours away i want to make it worth it if i go. please advise, many thanks

I did the course and it covers all of the above...it was brilliant. Alternatively, find out if they still run one to one sessions and get all your answers that way.

Good luck

I did the course and it covers all of the above...it was brilliant. Alternatively, find out if they still run one to one sessions and get all your answers that way.

Good luck

i didnt know they did that, thank you x

I didn't think the 1/2 day course covered much at all. The trainer sat at her desk while we all circled round she painted three nails we then had to replicate it, all the while listening to stupid questions of 'do we have to use a CND lamp' .. Not to mention 4 of the attendees had not got any kit, the rest were late by half an hour the trainer looked like she was going out on the town and the rest of the staff coming in and out of the room trying to find a key to open a door... not to mention three phone calls and months of waiting for a certificate.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I did the course and really enjoyed it, nothing like virtues experience above and found it worth while.

I didn't think it was that informative. There was nothing about thin to win, one of the girls had wrinkles and she was told a top coat should cover it. Solar oils was mentioned but not how amazing it was. At one point we were told Shellac doesn't last as long as gel polishes which is true but clients want long wear out of their nails.

She seemed more concerned on selling other courses :( I drove an hour and a half for it.

I was hoping to be inspired about the science behind the products but we didn't learn anything like that.

The trainer was lovely but I don't think half a day is enough for much more than we covered.

Jemima :)

Mine was a 1-1 Shellac Brings Em Back and we went through everything. All the theory first via Power Point for the science/ingredients etc and then onto practical including correct PEP. I had a model I had taken with me so it was more realistic than doing it on yourself.

It sounds like it can be a mixed bag which is a shame, so maybe you could contact the EA directly and discuss your needs and see how it's received before you book. Your gut feeling will tell you whether it's worth going ahead.

I did the course, and justine crick was amazing! Went through everything, i also did 1-1 with her on acrylics shes brilliant,i enjoyed the shellac day,and would highly recomend it

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I did my course with Ruth but unfortunately she has moved to Germany so no longer a EA

I recently done the course and art & style... my trainer was lovely but the knowledge from the PowerPoint is limited... as was the application... only the finished result was looked at. The art class was extremely poor, it didn't show how to use their additives very imaginatively ( just brush on top)... I expected a lot more... I think we done 5 different nails throughout whole day.

All in all I was very disappointed and it was expensive since you had to have full kit and specific colours (which aren't very popular) ... but, I wanted the certificate for my wall and it looks impressive as does the wall rack... so I'm happy!!!

If you do go ahead I would advise you not to buy the marketing kit... I did! Half of which tells the client step by step how to use the product themselves... so straight to the bin... and I know clients can't buy the genuine products but the majority wouldn't care if the bottle of amazon is fake!!! And 3 months later my lamp is broken!!... #rantofficiallyoverphewlol

Ohhh... waited two months for certificate... when I phoned I received it within two weeks...

Last edited:
I did my course at S2 in Leeds with Kelly. There were only 2 of us on the course, with our hand models. Initially we covered products, safety, the basic science behind the products, and any queries we had. We then worked on our hand models and addressed any issues we were having. 1 of my problems was with Fedora application. I was shown how to do 2 nails, lock the colour, do the remaining nails and then cure all together. Problem solved! :) We didn't have to wait for our certificate, we got them straight away. Kelly also gave us contact details in case we had any problems later on. Really enjoyed the course and thought it was money well spent.

I did my course at S2 in Leeds with Kelly. There were only 2 of us on the course, with our hand models. Initially we covered products, safety, the basic science behind the products, and any queries we had. We then worked on our hand models and addressed any issues we were having. 1 of my problems was with Fedora application. I was shown how to do 2 nails, lock the colour, do the remaining nails and then cure all together. Problem solved! :) We didn't have to wait for our certificate, we got them straight away. Kelly also gave us contact details in case we had any problems later on. Really enjoyed the course and thought it was money well spent.

Me too, I did mine in leeds and thought it was great :)

I did the Shellac brings them back course with Justine Crick also, and she was great. I also just did the Art and Style course with her today, and was the only person on the course so had 1 to 1 without paying extra. I learned so much at both courses. If you can get to Braintree, i would highly recommend going to Justine.

I did the course, and justine crick was amazing! Went through everything, i also did 1-1 with her on acrylics shes brilliant,i enjoyed the shellac day,and would highly recomend it

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks guys for all your comments. Def sounds like a mixed bag of peoples thoughts. I think my nearest course is peterborough, still undecided but have you guys thoughts which is great. thanks

I did the course with Katrina kneebone and it explained absolutely everything I needed to know. It was 3 years ago now, I was totally new to shellac and I came away from the course feeling really confident I haven't encountered half the problems some people mention on here which I think is because of the training I received xx

Sent from my K00F using SalonGeek mobile app

CND are currently rolling out a new education programme so all the classes will change, I know one of them is a Shellac Conversion Class which runs for 6 hrs, and a model is required, I seen this on The Fingertip Centre's Facebook page. It sounds a fab class for someone trained in another product and looking to change to CND Shellac. Hopefully one of the CND educators will see this and be able to help you out. Kx

Latest posts

Back