Just how thin should L&P sidewalls & free edge be?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluebelle Nails

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Could you help me out please...i would like a precise measurement of just how thin the side walls and free edge of an l&p nail should be? lol how anal do i sound! I'm just a little confused...
I've been training/doing nails for a year now, learned with Essential nails and Next step beauty, and also lots of reading/watching vids on internet. i dont have many clients as i'm really only just starting out, but I've found that not many people are asking for extensions as they all opt for gelish....therefore i'm not getting the practice i need.
I've been taught that the centre/apex should be about 1mm/1.5mm. would you say that the sidewalls should taper to be as thin as gel polish...or does it need to be thicker than that?
Also, i've recently been using pro impressions well less tips that apparently need no blending, but find that the corners are really prominent and sometimes its like they stick out above the acrylic...hard to explain that one but hopefully one of u geeks will know what i'[m on about :biggrin:
Thanks everyone :)

Check out my posts on how thick are ur acrylics xxx

Latest posts

Back