Just learned facials/massage can I go out to clients...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlydaydream

Beauty by Carly
Reaction score
Hi all
Just started college, well, 6 weeks ago! Lecturer says we can now start going out to clients but can just charge a fiver or so for products. I've just ordered a massage table and products (cleansers/toners/masks/exfoliators) need to get towels, ordered some bowls and spatulas too.
Wondering if anyone can give me advice please?
x:confused:

Hi all
Just started college, well, 6 weeks ago! Lecturer says we can now start going out to clients but can just charge a fiver or so for products. I've just ordered a massage table and products (cleansers/toners/masks/exfoliators) need to get towels, ordered some bowls and spatulas too.
Wondering if anyone can give me advice please?
x:confused:

Hi sweetie, I would advise you get some student insurance before you are 'let loose'.
Enjoy honey, and good luck with the rest of your course! :)
Rhiannon x

oh thanks Rhiannon thats really helpful, how much can i charge? x

Like your tutor said, just charge enough to cover your costs x

Yes def get student insurance and charge a little for your time as well - I have learned that you need to feel valued for carrying out treatments and feel as though you are offering value for money for your clients. All the best - the more practice you get in now the better!! Good luck:biggrin:

I agree that you will need student insurance. I believe that you cannot charge until you are actually qualified and have your certificate, but you can ask for a donation to cover the costs of your products. xx

Latest posts

Back