Keeping a small dog in the salon - yes or no?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlebear

Reaction score
I recently visited Canada and the owners of a Nail salon I visited brought their small fluffy dog to work. It was lovely, all the customers loved the dog! I'm based in Ireland and we are not as dog friendly as the Canadians! But I'm curious to see does anyone this side of the water in the UK or Ireland bring their dog to work/salon

Not where in Ireland you are but there's a small salon in Dublin that has a sign in the door saying dog running free. Be a difference between a lab and a chihuahua though [emoji23]

Sorry that should read don't know where in Ireland you are!

I'm based in Canada and I would never bring my dogs to work. The hair alone would drive me mad, not very hygienic :/ I made an exception once for a dear friend to bring her dog in. Only because this dog doesn't shed and is tiny. He was amazing but other that I find its a big no.

I don't mind if they come visit with a client but not for a whole service and I'm this biggest lover of fur babies ever! :p

I would never take my dog in but we often have clients who bring dogs to their treatments or pop in with them to make an appointment x

A hair salon near me has a small 'Salon dog'.....
The impression I get, is that their client base quite like it! :)

I've seen loads of salons, tattoo shops, barbers, pubs, etc. (I know a photography studio with a dog who entertains the children having photos done) with dogs, it doesn't bother me, in fact I'd prefer a dog to other clients.

For some reason the dogs in those kinds of environments that I've encountered seem to be really well behaved, the don't rush at people, seem to sense those who are not 'doggy' people and are really well behaved. Perhaps its the constant stream of new people keeps them chilled :cool:

Mine would terrify everyone lol

Attachments

• 1455012686900.jpg
    1455012686900.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 123
Whereas we post a pic of my daughters on Facebook and it virtually goes viral

Attachments

• 1455012765725.jpg
    1455012765725.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 100
Not where in Ireland you are but there's a small salon in Dublin that has a sign in the door saying dog running free. Be a difference between a lab and a chihuahua though [emoji23]
Hey Dee, is it a chihuahua running around the salon? :)

I've seen loads of salons, tattoo shops, barbers, pubs, etc. (I know a photography studio with a dog who entertains the children having photos done) with dogs, it doesn't bother me, in fact I'd prefer a dog to other clients.

For some reason the dogs in those kinds of environments that I've encountered seem to be really well behaved, the don't rush at people, seem to sense those who are not 'doggy' people and are really well behaved. Perhaps its the constant stream of new people keeps them chilled :cool:

It doesn't bother me either as I don't think a dog is unhygienic, we are happy to have a dog in our kitchen while we are eating our dinner! so I don't see the problem with a small short haired dog in a salon

A hair salon near me has a small 'Salon dog'.....
The impression I get, is that their client base quite like it! :)

Sounds lovely!

I would never take my dog in but we often have clients who bring dogs to their treatments or pop in with them to make an appointment x
Nice! [emoji2]

I'm based in Canada and I would never bring my dogs to work. The hair alone would drive me mad, not very hygienic :/ I made an exception once for a dear friend to bring her dog in. Only because this dog doesn't shed and is tiny. He was amazing but other that I find its a big no.

I don't mind if they come visit with a client but not for a whole service and I'm this biggest lover of fur babies ever! :p

Yes a dog that sheds a lot wouldn't be ideal, but I think a small dog like a chihuahua would be OK

And he would lick you to death BP.

Ironically it's the pug that can be snappy. My boys as good as gold :D
Awww cute. Used to that with mine! His a licker. Nightmare lol. He comes to the office every day with me but we aren't open to the public so we don't have any public issues. He does blow his coat though so times like now when it's approaching summer, I have to keep bloody hoovering!

Im not sure I'd want my dogs in the salon.
1) I'd have to keep the door shut and hold them back from escaping the salon.
And
2) On the odd occasion I've cut my brothers hair at home, my littlest dog eats most of the hair if we're not careful!

To be fair never had any issues with having mine in. Truth be told the first thing clients ask is "where's Dolly?". In all fairness if she got herself another job I'd probably have no visitors!
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back