Keeping pedicure water warm

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca Rebecca

Reaction score
Hey geeks
How does everyone keep the water in their pedi bowl warm? I have to keep filling up a kettle and adding more water! Luckily I'm only doing this on friends and family at the moment lol. I don't have a foot bath /spa/whirlpool thing lol I have the belava starter kit with is a plastic bowl abit like a washing up bowl and throw away plastic inserts x

I have a foot spa (only a basic one) but it has a "warm" mode on it which keeps the water a nice temperature. Unfortunately in a bowl like you have topping up with warm water is the only way x

I have a foot spa (only a basic one) but it has a "warm" mode on it which keeps the water a nice temperature. Unfortunately in a bowl like you have topping up with warm water is the only way x
Oh ok thankyou for replying. I have to top it up 3 times from a kettle at the moment, luckily that's just on family and friends but I feel so unprofessional doing that x

Oh ok thankyou for replying. I have to top it up 3 times from a kettle at the moment, luckily that's just on family and friends but I feel so unprofessional doing that x
I agree with Fluffy Rebecca... If you don't have a plug in spa bath that heats, it is a matter of topping up. The Belava ones a great though and very sanitary!!! Some can take water hotter than others (me one)... So ask the clients if the temperature is ok... If it is and it's hot, you may not have to top up as much!!!

I have a foot spa by Beverly Hills from Ellisons that is amazing. Looks very professional, extremely sanitary as you through away the disposable bowls. It also heats up and vibrates!

Costs about £100

H x

Thankyou for taking the time to reply everyone. I will consider these options xxx

Hey geeks
How does everyone keep the water in their pedi bowl warm? I have to keep filling up a kettle and adding more water! Luckily I'm only doing this on friends and family at the moment lol. I don't have a foot bath /spa/whirlpool thing lol I have the belava starter kit with is a plastic bowl abit like a washing up bowl and throw away plastic inserts x

In order to save the hassle I converted to using a waterless manicure & pedicure without the hassle and risk of contamination by using water. The product is Balbcare

I am thinking of doing dry pedicure this time around but could you put hot stones in the water (heated in a pan or microwave)

I also have a Beverly Hills "Footsie Bath". It's FANTASTIC and the best investment I made for my pedicures. My health inspector had never seen one before and was raving about it to her co-workers! I got 2 new clients that are nurses after that.
http://www.footsiebath.com/
Plus, their customer service is fantastic! I was having issues when they changed from the wire basket to the plastic one. My liners were a bit big so I contacted the company directly, they sent me a new plastic basket and 1/2 box of liners (50)... at no cost! They are in the USA, I am in Canada but I had to get it shipped to a USA address otherwise the shipping would be too expensive and I would have had to pay. I'm glad I live near the border. I am mobile so this is invaluable to me when I don't have to worry about cleaning my foot bath at a clients house!

I also have a Beverly Hills "Footsie Bath". It's FANTASTIC and the best investment I made for my pedicures. My health inspector had never seen one before and was raving about it to her co-workers! I got 2 new clients that are nurses after that.
http://www.footsiebath.com/
Plus, their customer service is fantastic! I was having issues when they changed from the wire basket to the plastic one. My liners were a bit big so I contacted the company directly, they sent me a new plastic basket and 1/2 box of liners (50)... at no cost! They are in the USA, I am in Canada but I had to get it shipped to a USA address otherwise the shipping would be too expensive and I would have had to pay. I'm glad I live near the border. I am mobile so this is invaluable to me when I don't have to worry about cleaning my foot bath at a clients house!
Yes I've seen this - I don't think I can stretch to this at the moment as literally just starting out. How much do you think each liner costs? I use disposable liners now costing approx £1 each (from Belava starter kit) x

I am thinking of doing dry pedicure this time around but could you put hot stones in the water (heated in a pan or microwave)
As my pedi bowl has plastic inserts I think this may affect the plastic? When I put in really hot water once they shrivelled up lol. Do u mean real stones from the beach? X

As my pedi bowl has plastic inserts I think this may affect the plastic? When I put in really hot water once they shrivelled up lol. Do u mean real stones from the beach? X

Massage hot stones. Which are polished.

Hey geeks

Why don't you get the belava heater/vibrating unit. Your belava bowl goes on top. Keeps the water warm the whole time. Something to save up for instead of buying a whole new foot bath system.

Why don't you get the belava heater/vibrating unit. Your belava bowl goes on top. Keeps the water warm the whole time. Something to save up for instead of buying a whole new foot bath system.
So I'd just use the plastic inserts I have from the belava starter kit? Xx

Massage hot stones. Which are polished.
Aah ok - I wonder if these would make the plastic shrivel up - I will try and find someone who stocks them and give them a go. Thankyou x

Attachments

• 1446172243622.jpg
    1446172243622.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 42
The whole bowl goes on top (plastic bowl + insert) here's a picture
Oh ok! Looks great. Think i need to invest. Or I might get it as a Christmas present then! Lol. Thankyou :) x

Oh ok! Looks great. Think i need to invest. Or I might get it as a Christmas present then! Lol. Thankyou :) x
Omg just seen how much it is. About £200 or more! Think I will have to stick to topping up with the kettle or a cheaper option for a while. Thankyou for your help though, it's def something I would invest in later down the line but that kind of money I need to put towards training in shellac next. Thanks for everyone's replies xxx

Maybe I'll get the Footsie! X

Omg just seen how much it is. About £200 or more! Think I will have to stick to topping up with the kettle or a cheaper option for a while. Thankyou for your help though, it's def something I would invest in later down the line but that kind of money I need to put towards training in shellac next. Thanks for everyone's replies xxx
I really wouldn't worry about investing in a heater or footsie bath. Focus on improving your time and you will be fine with water temperature. I take less then an hour to do a full pedicure and the water is only getting cool near the massage stage. At that point the feet are outside the bowl either way. Also, clients aren't too picky with cooling water. As long as it isn't freezing cold, which would take a while, you're OK.

Latest posts

Back