KFC question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to sound really naive here, but are there factory farms in the UK? I only ever see things about them in the US x

Yes my lovely there are factory farms in the UK.

:( was hoping there wouldn't be x

The KFC Mutant Chicken information is complete rubbish and so is this above post about mechanically separated chicken. Mechanically separated chicken does exist and is used in lots of cheap meat products as a type of filler to keep costs low , but it is not produced as described above.

There can be animal health implications for intensively reared poultry (pigs too), when they are not cared for properly, but more often than not the farmers work hard to keep the health of their animals tip top....after all the animals are their livelyhood.

Too much sensationalism on these subjects just unescessarily scares people. As for searching for watching slaughterhouse practices online....I find it all a bit sick, who wants to watch an animal suffer intentionally? Makes that person no better than the person who inflicts the suffering on the animal in the first instance.:sad:

Lores, you should know better than most what really goes on in these poultry farms, coming from Norfolk where we have all the turkey farms, Egg farms and Pig farms. It is absolutely vile and CRUEL the way the animals are treated and the processing is a nightmare. Bernard Matthews staff playing football with live turkys, kicking them like a football.

Before you trash what others are saying you may want to do some research. I do a lot of volunteer work in the poultry industry saving ex-battery hens from slaughter. They get killed at a year old because they dont lay an egg a day anymore. They are ripped apart some while still alive,I cant even go into what else happens. It is sickening, all so we can have some chicken soup or stew ( ready meals) they are too tough and bony for roast chicken so they get used for the stuff that gets prepared in a factory. When these little chicks are hatched for the egg industry they get sent down the sexing belt to seperate the boys from the girls, the boys get chucked into big tubs like an old bit of rubbish and minced ALIVE for the same food industry, fast food, pre prepared food etc.

Free range chickens do not lead the life you see on the Happy Egg adverts either..... they were in huge trouble a while back for unacceptable living conditions for their hens.

This is just highlighting what happens in the poultry industry, imagine what goes on in the rest of the food industry.

If you cant stand seeing the cruelty why not try to help stop it rather than hiding your head in the sand and ignoring it. If we all decided to ignore the suffering around us we are no better than the ones doing these horrible things.

Just another thing to put you off KFC. It was in the newspaper, someone found this in their chicken. Can't remember what it was either a lung or brain! Ew 😷[/QUOTE

It claimed to be a chicken brain. Really! Look at the size of it! I don't know what it is but it's not a brain. Lol x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Just another thing to put you off KFC. It was in the newspaper, someone found this in their chicken. Can't remember what it was either a lung or brain! Ew 😷[/QUOTE

It claimed to be a chicken brain. Really! Look at the size of it! I don't know what it is but it's not a brain. Lol x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

No don't think it was a brain. Think it was intestines or something! Still horrible :/ x

This picture says it all, especially to those of you that prefer to ignore and carry on regardless

Attachments

• 225315_336528009799696_604695312_n.jpg
    225315_336528009799696_604695312_n.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 101
Much love and respect to you.

If associations such as the RSPCA did some proper work instead of whipping up issues for political reasons then more people might know the truth of what really goes on in the industry.

Last edited:
People used to think I was a snob and a weirdo for researching where my meat came from. Well now someone DID research it properly and found out about the horse meat etc well I'm a bit how do you put it, smug! Ok so there is a lot more work and research to be done into the meat industry as a whole but I'm glad it's out in the open and people are looking at what they are buying now! X

I eat halal, there is trouble with halal meat at the moment because pork has been found in it! Iv only ever bought mine from local butchers so its ok. A lot of places serve halal meat and sell halal meat however its not advertised. Halal meat is apparently cheaper to buy as they dont stun their animals so save on costs.places like wembley stadium etc have been caught out to use halal meat. Meats meat. If you are a meat eater in every area you can fin halal and non halal meat so your options are there

It's NOT just one of those things!

If people choose to not to buy this cruelly produced crap, producers would take notice. Hit em in the wallet they'd soon change their practices.

Burying your head and saying that factory farming is just one if those things is beyond naive and frankly really sad that you don't think you can change things.

How can you not care that a creature is killed for your food? Shocking.

Well its my opinion that its just one of those things.

So I've to stop buying and eating chicken from certain places so they change their ways? And how long would that take? I don't think everyone would do that just so their food is prepared differently.

Your last point goes right back to how i think its just one of those things sorry.

Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Well its my opinion that its just one of those things.

So I've to stop buying and eating chicken from certain places so they change their ways? And how long would that take? I don't think everyone would do that just so their food is prepared differently.

Your last point goes right back to how i think its just one of those things sorry.

Vicki :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Apathy! Awesome :) x

Yeah never fight for anything that's wrong because nothing changes! That's the fighting spirit :) lol.

Lores, you should know better than most what really goes on in these poultry farms, coming from Norfolk where we have all the turkey farms, Egg farms and Pig farms. It is absolutely vile and CRUEL the way the animals are treated and the processing is a nightmare. Bernard Matthews staff playing football with live turkys, kicking them like a football.

Before you trash what others are saying you may want to do some research. I do a lot of volunteer work in the poultry industry saving ex-battery hens from slaughter. They get killed at a year old because they dont lay an egg a day anymore. They are ripped apart some while still alive,I cant even go into what else happens. It is sickening, all so we can have some chicken soup or stew ( ready meals) they are too tough and bony for roast chicken so they get used for the stuff that gets prepared in a factory. When these little chicks are hatched for the egg industry they get sent down the sexing belt to seperate the boys from the girls, the boys get chucked into big tubs like an old bit of rubbish and minced ALIVE for the same food industry, fast food, pre prepared food etc.

Free range chickens do not lead the life you see on the Happy Egg adverts either..... they were in huge trouble a while back for unacceptable living conditions for their hens.

This is just highlighting what happens in the poultry industry, imagine what goes on in the rest of the food industry.

If you cant stand seeing the cruelty why not try to help stop it rather than hiding your head in the sand and ignoring it. If we all decided to ignore the suffering around us we are no better than the ones doing these horrible things.

I haven't 'trashed' anything anyone has said. I merely pointed out a correction to be made to a statement about MDM & MRM processes, the fact there can be implications to animal health during intensive farming although this is not the norm and finally that searching the web to view animal cruelty videos in my eyes is somewhat disturbing as it potentially indicates a desire to watch an animal suffer. I wouldn't want to intentionally watch an animal suffer, but this doesn't mean I stick my head in the sand when it comes to animal welfare issues.

I don't personally know you, which is a pretty strong indication that you don't personally know me.

I would like to say I have no intention of becoming political about such subjects on a hair & Beauty forum ............and I do know better than most when it comes to farming, slaughter, processing and manufacture of Poultry and Pork products in the UK and interesting too in Europe and the US.

Now I'm off to read some stuff about Brisa Lite and look at some funky nail art :biggrin: :Love:

After several pages of discussion and debate, the time has come to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back