Kids Nail art Bits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura h

Reaction score
Hi

Quite recently my kids parties have started to take off and I was thinking about giving them the chance during the party to try out a bit of nail art themselves and maybe doing a competition for the best nail design. What would you suggest that I let them use. I thought about using the little arcrylic paints I have and cheap nail polish but I didnt fancy them using my nail art pens!! Has anyone got any suggestions that wont cost a fortune????

Thanks

Laura

Ive got 2 daughters and im about to start childrens nail art parties. Im going to get them to draw thier own design on paper then using kids poster paints and large tips do thier design and give a prize for the best one. My daughters and thier friends love doing it.

secret rainbow said:
Ive got 2 daughters and im about to start childrens nail art parties. Im going to get them to draw thier own design on paper then using kids poster paints and large tips do thier design and give a prize for the best one. My daughters and thier friends love doing it.

I thought of doing this myself, but decided against it as I did'nt want to upset any of the girls. I am still trying to find a way round it and the best one I've come up with is to get one of the mums to pick, but they may be biased. Also watching the girl's reaction to each other's designs, they may be able to decide who is the winner. It may also be an idea to give each girl a little prize for taking part, and the winning girl a bigger prize. I know it all adds up in the end, but when working out a price for the party you could include all those as well.

Hi There,

I too have started doing these kiddies parties, but didn't want them using my decent stuff, so.....I bought cheap polishes from Claire's accessories, cheap nail art pens from E-bay (i know it's practically a swear word on here, but it served a purpose) and ordered cheap pots of paint & brushes from 'Sina' (Call SalonServe on 01933 410022 for a Sina brochure). I basically own a cheap nail art kit which I happy for the girls to play with.:biggrin:

HTH
Laura h said:
Hi

Quite recently my kids parties have started to take off and I was thinking about giving them the chance during the party to try out a bit of nail art themselves and maybe doing a competition for the best nail design. What would you suggest that I let them use. I thought about using the little arcrylic paints I have and cheap nail polish but I didnt fancy them using my nail art pens!! Has anyone got any suggestions that wont cost a fortune????

Thanks

Laura

You know I had considered doing this, though I have only done a couple of kiddies parties.
I asked the parents if they would like the girls to participate as well as be pampered and I was suprised when they said no.
The reasons given were that they wouldnt want to risk polish spillages by over excited youngsters, which is fair enough.
Have to add too, that recently I've held nail art classes at a couple of diff venues and been surprised by the mess grown women can make with polish, when its not their own furniture.
So, if I were you I'd check your insurance before you go this route... just a thought!

Thanks for all your replies

I usually just have loads of beads for them to make bracelets with and this keeps them amused for ages whilst they are waiting for treatments. I was a bit worried as next week I am doing a party for some kids who have only recently been to one of my parties and didnt want anyone getting bored!! I think the mess they make may be a real problem as I dont think I would be covered for them spilling nail polish. I might just get them to do the designs with pens instead on paper nail cut outs!

Laura

i got loads of cheap nal art bits including rhinestones from ebay and went to the chemist whare they are selling nail polish for 50p so got 40, indtead of doing a compo for best nail art as some girls can get dishertened i designed a word search to do with nails and the first one to complete it ( while i set up) is the winner

Hi laura,
You can also get some successful results using run-of-the-mill gel pens (office type).
But I guess this would still mean getting the polish out first... that is unless you gave them some prepainted tips to practice on. Just a thought.x

I make sure i cover the table with a massive wipe clean tablecloth and this is the first thing i pack. i give them tips with old polishes and some cheap decals and rhinestones and get them decorating. I don't give a prize for it but hand out small sweets to all.

HTH

do the gel pens work on nail polish?? when I have tried before they just seemed to smudge!!

I've gotta admit, I let the girls use my nail art pens. But the last time I got home and checked them, there was a few broken or bent tips. That taught me a lesson!!! I think I'll now go and raid my son's desk draw and take his gel pens. Naughty mum.

Girlies go to the local art shops you can get loads from them..... especially cheap paints for kids and glitter... don't forget girlies love glitter lol

good plan I shall go tommorow!!!

Laura h said:
Hi

Thanks

Laura

call me nosey, and sorry for butting in. i'm new to all this but how much do you charge for kiddie parties? do you charge per child? or per party?

Hi Emma- have a look in the search facility there has been a lot of talk about kiddies partys with prices etc so im sure you'll find something helpful to assist you.

Happy hunting
xxxxx
emma's nails said:
call me nosey, and sorry for butting in. i'm new to all this but how much do you charge for kiddie parties? do you charge per child? or per party?

Hi Emma

Just to let you know I charge 75 pounds for my party . That is for 8 girls which includes nail art, craft table, karaoke and my friend assists me with doing bits in their hair eg glitter hair spray and hair streaks. I also give them a party bag and for the little ones ( under 6s) we will do a few games at the end.

Hope this helps, i really enjoy doing them!!

Laura

Latest posts

Back