Knee bashing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuzzyBee12

Reaction score
I bought a table from ikea (glasholm) just to get some experience after training last month. But I am finding I bash knees with the client. Is my table to narrow?! Can't imagine stretch across anything wider!

I bought a table from ikea (glasholm) just to get some experience after training last month. But I am finding I bash knees with the client. Is my table to narrow?! Can't imagine stretch across anything wider!

Can you link to the table? Chances are, yeah the table is too narrow. :(

Link?

I can't imagine using anything wider though as it is wider than a standard nail table I believe!

yeah, might you have a photo of the table? And I use a standard nail table and don't bump knees. I also use an l-shaped student desk and haven't bumped yet. Unless you are quite a bit taller than me (5ft), if you are bumping knees, I am not sure your table is wide enough.

sorry. :(

Oo an internet link. Duh ha.

Im 5ft 7 so probably need something wider and then make my client stretch! Ah well, something for the list.

Im 5ft 7 so probably need something wider and then make my client stretch! Ah well, something for the list.

Yeah, being 5 feet tall has a few advantages. Not many, but enough. :)

I'm the same height,I have two of these tables in my spa and dont bump knees. Get the client to come in close, you won't be half way under the table, only a bit (if that makes sense).

This table is the same width as a lot of manicure desks on the market. My old single manicure desk was 54cm for width, the glasholm is 52cm.

Even if you get a wider desk, if you both sit under it you will still bump knees. Anything too wide and you and your client will struggle. Way back I used to have a Linnmon IKEA desk top and it was a pain to work from as you would have to stretch over the desk to reach the client. It was just too wide

See, I just looked up the desk and that desk is much wider than our standard nail tables. Ours appear to be half that width! And, I still don't bump. I'd be struggling with that table just to reach the client! :D

I thought it was same width or wider than most so I don't really get it. I do have long legs but not sure why :/

I thought it was same width or wider than most so I don't really get it. I do have long legs but not sure why :/

I think she meant the Linnmon table i mentioned. The glasholm is standard width really, you just have to adjust yourself and find a way that doesn't bump. You would get the same thing on a regular manicure table. The "joys" of our long legs lol

I goggled the full thing (Linnmon Glasholm) and got this: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/images/products/glasholm-adils-table-black__0148859_PE307203_S4.JPG

It **appears** wider than ours (remember, I am in the States). The Glashom measures 58 1/4x28 3/4 ".

This is our standard manicure table: http://lclbeauty.com/images-ebay/0-Furniture/5105-2.jpg (and by standard I mean the one everyone imagines when you say "manicure table). As you can see, the Glasholm IS much wider (I'm looking at the 17" size).

I think she meant the Linnmon table i mentioned. The glasholm is standard width really, you just have to adjust yourself and find a way that doesn't bump. You would get the same thing on a regular manicure table. The "joys" of our long legs lol

I will have to try and tuck them back! Maybe a stool would help. I'm terrible for liking my chair pulled in though, I'm the same in my office job

I goggled the full thing (Linnmon Glasholm) and got this: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/images/products/glasholm-adils-table-black__0148859_PE307203_S4.JPG

It **appears** wider than ours (remember, I am in the States). The Glashom measures 58 1/4x28 3/4 ".

This is our standard manicure table: http://lclbeauty.com/images-ebay/0-Furniture/5105-2.jpg (and by standard I mean the one everyone imagines when you say "manicure table). As you can see, the Glasholm IS much wider (I'm looking at the 17" size).

There's a few different Glasholm tops. Linnmon is a different type of top, its not glass and the starter size is much wider then the smallest glasholm (I'm an IKEA queen!). The one the OP is talking about is the smaller one at about 20inches width, i have two of these that I use as manicure tables in my spa with absolutely no problems.

Most "proper" manicure tables are anywhere between 17-22inches. My old manicure table the glass top was 22inches width. Although has nothing to do with knees banging against each other as technically the wider the table the less chance you have at banging knees but the more strain you put on yourself :p

I will have to try and tuck them back! Maybe a stool would help. I'm terrible for liking my chair pulled in though, I'm the same in my office job

Ya, I think thats the problem :p any table you use if you try and tuck yourself perfectly under (and the client does the same) you will hit their knees. You have to share the space. Imagine when your both tucked in, your knees should be halfway tucked in and the client as well. This way you are sharing the space equally and will have less chance of bumping. I've been doing this over 7 years and still occasionally bump knees, we just laugh at it or clients are the first to say sorry and move their chair out :p

Latest posts

Back