Konad and Bundle monster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyNina

Reaction score
I was thinking about buying these stamping kits but wondered if you can use a gel polish like O.P.I Gel Color with the system instead of the 'special' polish, would it work? I wanted to incorporate some stamping into a gel manicure. Any thought? :) x

I'm not sure if this would work I use gelish and I know that is to think to use I've even tried using Barry m nail varnish and that's to thin I think u need the special konad nail varnish as it is a bit thicker so it picks up the stamp but I've heard here is some nail varnishes u can use just have to try not sure about opi x

I think gel polishes would be too thin and the colour might not be vibrant enough.

I've used:
OPI polish
Barry m silver and gold effects
Vinylux
Plus any polish that has gone a bit thick

Glitter polishes don't work at all.

Hth :)

Thank you for your replies very helpful to see how you got on with it. It's a shame it can't be used with a gel as I would like to offer nail art with gel manicure so it lasts! X

Thank you for your replies very helpful to see how you got on with it. It's a shame it can't be used with a gel as I would like to offer nail art with gel manicure so it lasts! X

You can stamp with normal polish over your gel colour and seal with your gel topcoat x

Ah brilliant! Think I will be ordering some festive designs :) x

I work with Gelish, I do a full set including top coat and then I use the Konad stamp with Konad polish and at the end I add Gelish top coat again... It's brilliant they are very effective :)

Like the other ladies have said if u put a gel top coat over the stamping it will last :)

Brilliant will try this. Has anyone got any Christmassy designs? I want to try a Christmas jumper effect! If so where did you buy them? Thanks :)

MoYou have some really nice festive plates x

I found a trick that if you put the rubber stamp bit and rub it on a nail file 4 times no more. any polish will work as it takes off the layer that only allows there special polish to work x

I found a trick that if you put the rubber stamp bit and rub it on a nail file 4 times no more. any polish will work as it takes off the layer that only allows there special polish to work x
It's nothing to do with the stamper it's the polish! Occasionally the stamper may need a light file if you're cleaning it with acetone but it still won't make all polishes work. It has to be highly pigmented. The Konad special polish really is the best for black and white stamping, Barry M foil effects silver and gold work great too. There is a konad group on here and there is a list of polishes that work in a thread there.

Oh well sorry but that's what I got told and it's worked so far, each to there own I guess x

Latest posts

Back