Lace and pearls

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautification

Reaction score
Ezflow acrylic nail, lace over a natural tip with a bit of glitter and pearls.

Wanted to try something a bit different, opinions on the design would be great.

Views on the pearls would also be appreciated as i'm not so sure on them.

It is very difficult to make comment on an art nail as art is very subjective and personal.

Also when trying to critique a nail it is best to see it from different angles - we cannot see what the view down the barrel of the nail looks like or the apex placement.

This is probably why you havent received any other replies.

Personally I dont like lumpy nails - ie nails with 3d bits, but as I said, that is just my personal preference and nothing to do with whether it is done well.

There do seem to be a couple of things on your sidewalls which could do with attention, but it could be the camera angle - one side seems to have a slight lump and the other side seems to have a slight dent.

the lace looks brilliant i personally love it but i dont know if its because your acrylic is mixed with glitter but its kind of dull and not seethrough enough to see the full beauty of the lace!! i like the pearls as an idea pearls and lace do go hand in hand really but i personally would worry it would chip off lol :p great job though x

Thank you for your comments they are greatfully appreciated :D

I personally don't like 3d either unless its like a small flower out of l&p but i just wanted to try something a bit different.

There are a few lumps and bumps because i had such a job getting that lace to stay under the product LOL! was the first time i've encapsulated fabric, the lumps are from the gel top coat i put on a bit 2 thick and its slightly dull at the end cos i tried filing after forgetting i had gel top coat on and as i was only playing i just gave up and settled with what i had LOL!!

As for the pearls coming off, i have been in and out of filing cabinets today and nothing...not a budge lol gel top coat for ya :D

thanks againxxx

I love the colours choice and I love he lace design chosen.

As Fiona said I think the sidewall on the right hand side (right as we look at the picture) needs attention as there appears to a little dip just at where the smile line would start where is has filed inwards from the tip and this little gap could possibly end up being the start of a break with a clumsy grab of something.

Otherwise they seem to look good. The product towards the left side wall looks a tad thicker than the other side but that is just me being ultra finiky and I certainly couldnt do better myself lol

Latest posts

Back