Lamps for Shellac/Minx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise1989

Reaction score
Silly question but do you use 1 lamp for gel shellac and gel polishes and a differant lamp for minx

Shellac requires a CND UV lamp and Minx requires an infrared heat lamp.

What I recomend you do is type 'UV Lamps' into the Search Facility and spend the evening reading through the thousands of post that have posted on this subject.
There is a lot of very useful and informative information.

CND Shellac can only be cured using the CND UV Lamp you would need to contact the manufactors of the Gel Polishes to know which lamp they require.
As for Minx it's a Infrared Lamp not a UV Lamp.
Hths

Silly question but do you use 1 lamp for gel shellac and gel polishes and a differant lamp for minx

I don't do either but had a demo at one of the shows and the minx lamp they used was like a heat lamp, not a box. Im sure it's not UV for minx.

Thanks just wanted to make sure i had it right before i buy a new lamp

I see you are in Leeds. I am jealous of your closeness to SweetSquared! If you have a mani certificate, register with them, then get yourself up to the shop to bask in the nail goodness that they radiate.

You will get everything you need for Shellac and Minx there. Including a little love and respect!

I have essential nails certificates so going to nsi

I have essential nails certificates so going to nsi

You won't get Shellac or Minx there. You need the branded CND lamps or the products won't work.

Im planning on going to creative acadamy im manchester for shellac and minx

Yep, ok, whatever, you're going to both.

Is it just me? :confused:

Thaught you couldnt get in with essential nails certificates

Yep, ok, whatever, you're going to both.

Is it just me? :confused:

Im doing nails at nsi as i have essential nails certificates but they dont do shellac and minx so im going to creative acadamy for those two

You will have to produce your certificates there too.

Thaught you couldnt get in with essential nails certificates

Thought you were asking about shellac & minx lamps, but I see your talking about training! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back