Laser hair removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elemisgeek

Reaction score
Hi,

I have never performed laser hair removal however I have a fair few clients asking for it.. Could anyone give me any insight on how much the machines are to what machine you use and how do you rate it? To how much a treatment is?

At the moment we only offer waxing and threading.

I have no idea so any information would be useful.

Thank you in advance

We have skinbase pay as you go IPL machine which has been very slow to get started despite having clients constantly asking about it before we got it. The outlay is less risky though as machines to buy are extremely expensive! We have found the machine to be very effective & we are now doing skin rejuvenation, thread vein removal etc with it too & that side of things has massively taken off!
The machine comes with a cryo head to ensure pain free treatment & all perimeters on the machine can be adjusted so that the treatment is as effective as possible. You will find the IPL business slows down in the summer considerably, in the winter it's always going to do better. Cost of treatment varies dependant on size of area/s being treated. They range from about £45 for upper lip to around £150 for full leg per treatment, the amount of treatments required vary too so you may find a person has only 3 treatments & doesn't require anymore or they may need far more.
It is permanent hair REDUCTION not removal so you will probably find that some clients will still have some degree of waxing post treatment course.
Hope that helps.

Hi,

I have never performed laser hair removal however I have a fair few clients asking for it.. Could anyone give me any insight on how much the machines are to what machine you use and how do you rate it? To how much a treatment is?

At the moment we only offer waxing and threading.

I have no idea so any information would be useful.

Thank you in advance

Hi I have used Skinfirst systems from Skinfirst UK for the last 4 years. I highly recommend their machine. Results are excellent and their service is brill. Feel free to pm.
Sana

Hi,

There is a difference in effectiveness of LASER hair removal and IPL.. The clinic i currently work at we have 2 different types of laser (one for darker skin types) also an IPL machine. IPL is not as effective or long lasting as laser. If you are looking into doing a laser hair removal course or buying the machine make sure its a laser not IPL if you want the best results and profit. you can charge more for Laser and like Ive mentioned its a lot more effective..

The machine it self is expensive but you can pay monthly for it.

Good Luck :)

Roxie

Latest posts

Back